Talk To Me...

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Five year old female adopted last October co-sleeps with me.

When I make my own 'litter box' trips at night, she had been jumping into my spot in the bed when I came back--to keep me from bed and to try to get a snack for herself. [I have NEVER done it, knew better.]

She has recently been trading the bed theft for something darn cute. She does not get out of the bed when I do. She watches until I get back into bed and rolls onto her back. She expects that I talk to her--'awww, look at the cute kitty', 'awww, kitty fell over'...........you get the picture.

Yes, I know DARN WELL, not to try to actually touch her at these times.

And, I don't really mind. Again--darn cute...

But, JUST talking to her is enuf attn. in the middle of the night?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
That acknowledgement is probably all she really wants. Willow isn’t the most friendly cat but she also likes a word or two when I get up or wake up during the night.

And when you live in a cold climate such as I do, the cat stealing the warm blankets or moving to the warm spot in the bed can be a nightly occurrence.

duncanmac

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
One of my guys likes a little affirmation at 2 or 3 in the morning. I keep it short and sweet - a rub of the ears, a scratch on his butt and then I go back to sleep. After that he either goes away, bothers my wife or lays down between us. That seems to be just enough to satisfy his loneliness.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I agree with susanm9006. My cat used to sleep in front of the air vents in the winter, stealing all of my heat.
Melody slept in the bed during the Winter--my mattress holds heat and between us we both slept more warmly