Talk About Over Reacting!

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Natalie_ca

I'm not sure I understand you.

The building I live in is a security building. The outside front doors are unlocked and lead into an area that has a board listing the apartments and an intercom. You dial up and the person you are dialing presses a button to open the inside security door. The person then enters into the building and can roam around.

However, to get out, there is no such security feature. You simply open the doors to leave the building.

The back door is just a locked door leading from a lighted up parking lot with security cameras, into the building. But there is no intercom system access back there. Which I think is dumb because that is where our visitor parking is.

Anyway, regardless of whether they came to the front or back of the building, there is a risk of people exiting the building while they are outside waiting to gain entrance.

I know it's not a reflection on me personally. I just simply think it was an over reaction to having to go to a back door of a building, especially in light of the fact that they could plainly see when they got to the front of the building that the patio area in front of the doors was dug up and there was all kinds of tapes and warnings to not use that door and instead to use the back one.
Oh, I agree it was a tad bit over-reacting. But, if they've never delivered to the back door before (and they couldn't see the construction over the phone when you called) I think it was probably just a precautionary measure to put all three guys into the car when they made the delivery. I don't know what the crime rate is in your neck of the woods, but when I delievered I wouldn't go some places alone.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

I think it was probably just a precautionary measure to put all three guys into the car when they made the delivery.
Yes, I agree, precautionary to bring someone along, but to bring 2 big guys (a total of 3 including the one delivering), one with a bat?!

IMHO the precaution should have ended when they saw the front entrance barricaded off and under construction. Once at the back door, there was no need for all 3 to present themselves to the door. Two could have sat in the car nearby while the driver waited at the door.

It's not like they couldn't see who got off of the elevator to open the door. The doors are 100% glass and the basement area is lit up.

If they saw a bunch of threatening looking guys get off of the elevator and walk towards the door, then I could see one or maybe 2 guys coming to the door with the driver. But a 47 year old, short fat woman in her pajamas?!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it was a bit of an overreaction. A delivery woman in our small town, was delivering a pizza to a residence she had been going to for ten years. Not knowing the people were away, It was delivery as usual, until 3 teens jumped out of a bush and beat her with a bat. Being a delivery person can be a scary job

keycube

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The real meat (or mushroom, green pepper, or whatever your topping) of the issue here, is that if your pizza place is going to start employing three people per delivery car, their prices are going to skyrocket! Now THAT'S a crime! Mamma mia!