Talk about immature..

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would have called the police and let them get caught red handed. They didn't have to know you called. I saw my neighbor shooting at squirells with a gun, I assume it was a bb gun, and reported him. That put a stop to him standing on his deck shooting things. We all must take a stand against bad behavior. I don't mean confrontation or taking matters into our own hands that will put us in danger, but reporting to the authorities. And yes even if it was my brother and his dopey friend I would have called the police. Experience is the best teacher.
Oh and by the way, my cat was shot with a bb gun which remained permanently lodged in his bone. I did not discover it till years later when he had to get an xray. I do remember the absessed wound he had on his shoulder years ago that had to be drained and treated by the vet. That was my lesson to never leave my cats outside to roam unattended. Good experience.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Cassie-ondra

Bb pellets can hurt a human bad enough to the point that they need a glass eye, I can't imagine what it might do to a kitty (or any other animal for that matter).
My brother-in-law is one of those people. He lost his eye when he was 16. Please be careful if they're ever around you and have the BB gun out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

h~chan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pombina

The boys Dad lets him shoot his own cat to keep it away from him??!?? I'd report them!
Also even if he was 'pretending' to shoot your cat if the gun had no bb's in it, the boy obviously has issues...
I guess so.. that's what he told us when he got in trouble. Boys..

ashleyjade

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hurting and torturing animals like that is actually one of the signs that can point to a serial killer. You're ssooooo much nicer than I am. I would have been snatching that gun right out of their hands and smacking them with the butt of the gun. When it comes to my cats (or any animals for that matter) I am a MEAN s.o.b. as they don't have any way to defend themselves.

-Jade

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There was a little girl in my area who almost died from being shot with one of thoes in the wrong area!

I'm glad you called someone in, they've got to know now. Or else you might be doing what I get to do...every time my parents go away for a few days, I (the oldest and married one) get to spend all my time running back and forth to thier house to check on the animals, while my 17 an 19 year old step-siblings are living there! The animals are scared of them.
So don't be afraid to turn them in now while there is still time!