Taking violent cats to vet

Felines are superior

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi

I have 3 feral cats that I rescued from the streets, and I'm thinking about moving to Portugal.

Thing is, I can't put my cats in the cage to take them to the vet because they're extremely wild and mind-readers. Here, there are people who'll come to your house for a fee, catch the cats, and put them in cages. They even give me and my cats a ride to the vet in their van for more payment.

I want to know if such services exist in Portugal. Does anyone know?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Unless someone from Portugal happens to come across this post, I doubt you will find an answer to your question on this site. If you know where you are moving to, can you search the internet for such services in that area? If the service you are currently using is global, or widespread, they may be able to make suggestions to you on who you could reach out to in Portugal. If you have relatives or friends there, they may be able to find some contacts in pet care that you could talk to.

I presume you have already looked into all the other issues/aspects that would be involved in moving these cats to another country - health checks, vaccines, pet 'passports', flight arrangements and associated issues, home placement and confinement so they don't run away from their new home, and so on?

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about such a service in Portugal or anywhere else, but I'd like to advise you about getting info on the vaccination status and microchip needed to enter the EU.
In the EU, we can move from country to country with our pets, provided they are up-to-date with rabies vaccines, they are microchipped, have a pet passport, and some countries require additional tests, like Echinococcus.

jmichaelp

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sneak gabapentin into their food if you can't give it to them directly. They'll be drowsy enough, even nearly "limp", and allow you to take them to the vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Felines are superior

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. Unless someone from Portugal happens to come across this post, I doubt you will find an answer to your question on this site. If you know where you are moving to, can you search the internet for such services in that area? If the service you are currently using is global, or widespread, they may be able to make suggestions to you on who you could reach out to in Portugal. If you have relatives or friends there, they may be able to find some contacts in pet care that you could talk to.

I presume you have already looked into all the other issues/aspects that would be involved in moving these cats to another country - health checks, vaccines, pet 'passports', flight arrangements and associated issues, home placement and confinement so they don't run away from their new home, and so on?
Sure, I looked into vaccines and pet passports, flight arrangements. And of course I'm going to find a home with a fenced in yard so they don't run away. Thanks!