Taking Good Pictures of Cats

evakatharina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Great tips!  I have one to add!

This trick has worked best with my dog, but Annie has been trained to it with decent success-

You can sort of clicker-train your pet to the sound of the click your camera makes when you take a picture!  Click, treat, click, treat until your pet associates the click of your camera with getting a treat and you will have a bunch of pets begging to have their picture taken!  Now when they see the camera they know it's treat time and come running!

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to take good pictures of Bella & Thunder but they always run away when I try too angle the camera just right.  Can they maybe scared of the flash ?

I want the cats to be awake and playful at the time I take the picture. So how can I can get a excellent picture ?

dejolane

Last edited:

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice picture of your beautiful cat. I love to see different patterns on cats.

dejolane

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
It can be the flash. Cats can squint in flash as humans can!

Try taking pics without the flash.. use natural lighting.

lokisnewmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree about getting on the floor to get awesome pics! I have an awesome camera and love photography. I am so thrilled to have a new favorite subject now! Will be uploading pics soon!

lokisnewmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Quote:

Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've been trying to figure out how to take pictures where the flash doesn't cuase my babies to close their eyes! (natural lighting is at low over here lol)

Depending on how you're camera utilizes its flash ability...be it a pop up light fixture or built into the unit or something expensive that mounts on top of an SLR type....the cheap mans way to do this is to take a Kleenex tissue or a piece of tissue paper (a thin single ply will do...even a single ply square of toilet paper will do) and cover the flash with it. This will still give you some of the brightness of the flash but will diffuse some of the glare one would normally get from it...as in the reflected glare from eyes and mirrored surfaces. Play around with it...see what kind of shots you'll make with that...Remeber: more tissue you use...the less light gets thru...the darker the photo

This is a great idea. Will be trying it when my baby wakes up!