Taking a break...

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

OK, I'm back - that wasn't very long was it?
I just had a few things happen with my 16 year old son (which my husband is inclined to think are fairly normal, and I was inclined to think the sky was falling), and I blamed myself and thought I was a horrible person and stopped taking my meds, and, well you see where this is headed.

I had a little R&R on Saturday and Sunday and took it easy the rest of the week. Plus my son is actually a pretty good person, just a 16 year old and testing his boundaries, I think. Ugh. Sorry I over-reacted.
Kim.... You can't go and scare me like that!! I haven't been on much and then you were gone but now you are back... You are going to make me manic!
(Short trip sometimes!)
So.. I am glad you are back and that you are all better. Stay on the meds and we will all get along just fine.
Did I ever tell you of the time that my 9 year old (at the time) nephew found a lighter and burnt down half an acre of woods? Oh yeah... fun times! And I won't even tell you how I can prove that my family puts the fun back in dysfunctional!!
I am here for you when ever you need anything, just to talk, rant, rave, whatever! You've been there for me in the past and I'm here for you!
Now... don't do that to me again!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Kim, all I can say is "phew"! I was worried that something terrible had happened. We would certainly miss you at the Cafe as well as everywhere else here on the board. Hugs. Glad to see you back.
Well, I thought something terrible happened, but I guess since I was such an angel, I shouldn't expect my kids to be angels as well!
And one time when my daughter did something sort of bad I felt like when I brought it here I got some feeling that I was a bad parent.

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Kim.... You can't go and scare me like that!! I haven't been on much and then you were gone but now you are back... You are going to make me manic!
(Short trip sometimes!)
So.. I am glad you are back and that you are all better. Stay on the meds and we will all get along just fine.
Did I ever tell you of the time that my 9 year old (at the time) nephew found a lighter and burnt down half an acre of woods? Oh yeah... fun times! And I won't even tell you how I can prove that my family puts the fun back in dysfunctional!!
I am here for you when ever you need anything, just to talk, rant, rave, whatever! You've been there for me in the past and I'm here for you!
Now... don't do that to me again!
OMG! I just remembered that my brother set a fire in a dumpster once. That's it....it's BOYS. Yep, they're evil!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

OMG! I just remembered that my brother set a fire in a dumpster once. That's it....it's BOYS. Yep, they're evil!
Originally Posted by SillyJilly

Yup.. Boys!! It always explains it all!
so true! my brothers did all kinds of stuff that simply never even occurred to me!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to extend my support as well and let you know i'll be thinking about you and wishing you the best

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

And one time when my daughter did something sort of bad I felt like when I brought it here I got some feeling that I was a bad parent.
I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately being a parent doesn't come with a How-To book or special education classes. We do the best we can and what we feel is right.

At any rate, I'm glad to see you back.

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome back! Teens can be a handful. I STILL apologize to my mom for the things I did back then. My boyfriend was good though. I always tell him if we get a teen like me we are putting him/her back and trying again for one more like him! LOL

I am so glad your back =) I hope everything is ok.