Take a look at the cat tree that we made!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jpinard

Dang that is cool! Nice job. I need to make our stand bigger and with more "stuff" cause both cats can't occupy the sweet spot at the top. If I take some pics will you offer advice?
I'll do what I can!!!
Thanks by the way.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The cat tree is awesome!!!

One warning that I read somewhere years ago when I made a tree for mine: If you use treated lumber, you should not allow your cats to claw it - they treat it with chemicals that could be bad for them (in fact they used to treat them with arsenic long ago but stopped doing that but still soak them in chemicals). I can tell by the picture that the 4x4 posts are treated lumber - just wrap them up in sisul and you will be OK. Home Depot sells 100 foot lengths (3/8" thick) for about $4.50 each.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by crittermom

No, the posts are NOT treated lumber.We got untreated. The treated is more expensive than the untreated and we bought the untreated kind.
That's very good! When we tried to buy untreated 4x4 posts we couldn't find them at the time we built our trees, and when I eventually did find them, they were twice the price as treated!

Just wanted to give you a warning in case you didn't know about treated lumber!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*****I am sooooooo sorry!!! I deleted my previous post about the lumber.Because I was wrong!!! DH said that he DID buy the treated kind.
I will keep an eye on the kits to make sure they aren't scratching it.Thanks for the heads up.
So far, they ONLY scratch the sisal rope post though.I've checked the other two for marks and there aren't any.*****

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Persi

When will you be accepting orders?
Thanks!! But, DH said one was enough for now