Tails or feet?

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can't say, so I did not vote. Go had big ears and long tail but he is now the smallest of the 9. QT is the biggest because her father was a huge tomcat. Her tail, feet and ears were not different from her litter mates. Ichi, Ni and San are brothers. San is the biggest because as a kitten he ate the most.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In my experience it is feet that are the biggest indicator, but I agree that ears are important. I don't think tails matter - there are lots of big cats with short tails and vice versa. It is a terrific generalisation though, and I don't think can ever be more than an educated guess.

junebugbear07

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Just to add onto the feet thing I like them too. Lol especially big hairy toes that are begging to be tickled. Haha
Oh gosh I know!!! Murphy has those in between his toes
I Love them!! Especially the back feet!

cleverkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If you look at bobcats (which are genetically closely related to our domestic kitties), they have enormous paws and almost no tails at all! It also seems that many small cats have long tails, but always have smallish paws. From personal experience, all the kittens I have seen with large feet have grown into large cats while I have not seen a similar correspondence between tail size and ultimate body size.

cat1963

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a male cat that has 26 toes, and weighs almost 30 pounds, however, he is not fat. He's just a very big boy. He does have a short tail as well.
So going on that note, I say, big feet, big cat.
I also have a maine coon with big feet and she weighs in at 21 pounds.
Again, big feet, big cat.
Now my other two cats have small feet and are small cats.
My turkish van cross, has small feet and is very lean and long.
My black kitty is also small footed, and is more compact than anything else.
Again, I am just going by what my experience tells me.

Cat.