Tail Puff - Do you have pics?

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have pictures of their cats when they are playing and puff out their body and/or tail as they run like crazy through the house, usually in chase? I think its the cutest thing but hard to capture before it goes away! Let see some pics!

sailfish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thats an Awesome tail puff! I have never noticed ant cat do this besides a bengel. I also noticed the "shepards hook" The way our cats hold their tail just prior to this. I have no pics. I'll have to work on that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sailfish

Thats an Awesome tail puff! I have never noticed ant cat do this besides a bengel. I also noticed the "shepards hook" The way our cats hold their tail just prior to this. I have no pics. I'll have to work on that.
Actually I think my bengal does it the least but has the biggest impact because its so cool to see her do it! Hope does it the most, I used to watch her mom and she would go on rampages through the house with her tail puffed up. She does it a lot but as soon as I grab the camera its gone! Then I put the camera away and she will do it again. She will also spike up the fur on her spine but I have the hardest time capturing it. I was soo lucky to get this pic of Autumn.

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trout does the tail puff, and then gets all rowdy like a bucking bronco...then she runs around the apartment like this and the base of her tail points straight up like she is a horse trying to poo..hahah I love it!

Oh yes, and all the while, meowing all low pitched and weird!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh I dug up an old picture of Hope! She used to do a classic Halloween cat when she was a kitten. She still does it to some degree but not as much:

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AshleyNicole

What a precious girl! I love the halloween kitty pic, too cute!
Hehe thanks.

I do hope people can find some pics to post
. It just tickles me to see cats when they do this!

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitties are just beautiful!!

I'll try and get some puff tail pics tonight of Trout..It's very hard to get good pictures of kitties..their always moving around. It seems I literally have to follow her with the camera, and even still am lucky to get one good picture out of like 50 snapped..

It's like she knows just when the picture will click,and she strategically moves her position at that very moment!!

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
^Yah it really is an art in itself. I have the same problem. Luckily the same thing that makes them move can make for a really hillarious pictures! When I get teh camera out I do follow them around for a long time snapping pics like crazy and a few turn out.

You know whats even harder than taking pics of cats? Trying to take pics of fish!!! Its awful!

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is Tolly the first time he went in the garden, usually his tail looks like a piece of string!

[/IMG]

lil_axl_gurl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only time I've seen Jack Daniels puff out so much was when we brought the dog in the house.

My first thought was, "When did I get a black long-haired kitty?"

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lil_Axl_Gurl

The only time I've seen Jack Daniels puff out so much was when we brought the dog in the house.
no pics unfortunately, but a couple weeks ago I think Simon was messing with Vino's "baby" (his little stuffed bear) and Vino did not like it one bit, I was down the hall and came back to see what was the commotion and both Sapphy and Simon looked they had stuck their paws in the electrical socket! The dog is the only one who can get them to puff out too

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I love all the pics!

I would love to get a great tail puff pic, but Abby moves too fast for me to get one. This is the best I have. It was taken not long after we adopted her.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These are such great photos

Lily is the tail puff queen in our household - not that I've ever captured a picture of it. Whenever she gets worked up chasing her brother around or chasing from one window to another chattering at the birdies, her tail puffs out.

Tolly has only done it once, the other kitties don't seem to bother.

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SolarityBengals

Oooh I dug up an old picture of Hope! She used to do a classic Halloween cat when she was a kitten. She still does it to some degree but not as much:

Oh my gosh that is too adorable for words!