Tail bone...TMI?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Several years ago (like 10ish) i managed to pull all the tendons/ligaments between my tailbone and hips. It took forever to heal and I couldn't sit for several days. In fact it still gives me trouble and even more now that I'm 8 months pregnant. The extra weight and pressure on my pelvis makes some days sitting at a desk for 7 hours unbearable. For this type of injury donuts don't work very well. Donuts are made more for hemroids and the tail bone sits behind that area meaning that even on a donut, your tailone is still sitting on the donut and supporting your weight. I have a memory foam neck pilow (more of a U shape) that I sit on at work and it helps a lot. I'm very worried about what labor/delivery are going to do to it though and I completly expect to have a lot of pain because of it.

Good luck and congratulations!
I really hope you don't have any pain during labor due to your injury. It's not easy caring for a newborn with this kind of pain. It's especially worse if you are nursing.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Several years ago (like 10ish) i managed to pull all the tendons/ligaments between my tailbone and hips. It took forever to heal and I couldn't sit for several days. In fact it still gives me trouble and even more now that I'm 8 months pregnant.
Did you look at my first post in this thread?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Crazyforinfo

Has anyone ever bruised, dislocated, or broken their tail bone? If so how long did it take to heal?

I am pretty sure mine dislocated during labor. It's been 3 weeks and I am still having issues sitting. When I feed DS in the middle of the night, I am in tears from the pain. It seems to get worst before it rains too.
Actually, this is pretty common during childbirth. Often the doctor doesn't even mention it to the patient (though I think he or she should, if aware)...I learned about it in Anatomy 101...a girl in my class mentioned that her's had been broken during delivery and the professor went on to explain. I don't remember the details now (not an OB nurse), but I'm sure your OB/GYN could give you the skinny on how long it takes to heal, etc. Best wishes on a speedy recovery.

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Did you look at my first post in this thread?
Sure did and it's not the SJ joint.
I've done the "figure 4" test in the past with no pain... now, any time I lay flat on my back, my lower back and hips scream in pain (sometimes I do too). I had it checked out by a chiropractor when it happened and pulled/torn ligaments was his diagnosis.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
J

Sure did and it's not the SJ joint.
I've done the "figure 4" test in the past with no pain... now, any time I lay flat on my back, my lower back and hips scream in pain (sometimes I do too). I had it checked out by a chiropractor when it happened and pulled/torn ligaments was his diagnosis.
Just wondering. Your SI joint isn't really even a joint, it's a bunch of ligaments there to help absorb shock. Just because you were fine in the past doesn't mean it couldn't also be part of the problem now since you are pregnant. Real fun huh?
Try talking to you OB and seeing there are some stretches that can help your core area and not end up with you falling over (a lot of them require you to balance), baring that you could they them in a pool.
It sounds like some sort of PT will be needed after you give birth.