Tahlee's in hospital on her 5th night with me :(

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Emma79

I actually went up there yesterday to try and talk to someone and was told that she had "obviously" gotten it from one of my other cats (interesting since they don't know what it is, my other cats aren't sick and they haven't seen any of them since it happened) and that it was no longer anything to do with them
So I am trying not to think about that, but to concentrate on getting Tahlee 100% better. I wish there was more I could do, but if they are refusing to do anything about it, there isn't much I can do
I'm sorry they are so rude. It really impacts the treatment of the kitties! Maybe later you can give them a written complaint, so the manager will be aware of this issue. I totally understand that sometimes a kitty seems fine when adopted, but develops an illness. Or the adoptive family watches the cat more closely than shelter staff, so pick up on an existing illness. But to be told that an animal that just left the facility is critically ill, and do nothing is reprehensible.

I'm glad Tahlee is better. She is a lovely kitty, and I'm sure your adopting her and intervening medically saved her life! Kudos to you!!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. She's a little sweetie, and looks so much like Rascal! I would be upset about the shelter's reaction, too

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I just ran into this tread and I'm so sorry for everything that's happened! What a tough situation to deal with!! But it's wonderful news that she's feeling better and eating again...And she looks beautiful in her pics! Sending more good healing vibes your way! best of luck!!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tahlee is beautiful.
I love her colors and pretty tail.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

emma79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Beckiboo

I'm sorry they are so rude. It really impacts the treatment of the kitties! Maybe later you can give them a written complaint, so the manager will be aware of this issue. I totally understand that sometimes a kitty seems fine when adopted, but develops an illness. Or the adoptive family watches the cat more closely than shelter staff, so pick up on an existing illness. But to be told that an animal that just left the facility is critically ill, and do nothing is reprehensible.

I'm glad Tahlee is better. She is a lovely kitty, and I'm sure your adopting her and intervening medically saved her life! Kudos to you!!!
Thanks. Even though it has cost me a fortune and has been really hard, I am still so glad she picked me. The worst thing about this shelter experience.....it was the manager I was speaking to in the end I found out, so unfortunately I don't hold out much hope for them or the kitties there
But then, when I went there to adopt her, they were as nice as pie.......so maybe it'll be ok......

renny

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank goodness Tahlee picked you just when she needed someone on her side. I wouldn't like to think what would have happened if she'd gotten sick at that shelter.

Give her extra cuddles for me, and I hope she continues to feel better. She's gorgeous!