Tags

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought it would be fun to see what everyone puts on their cat's tags or maybe help someone who is wondering.

I personally put their name, two phone numbers, and "If I'm outside I'm lost!" since our kitties are strictly indoors and if they are outside, well, they shouldn't be. lol.

You?

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I don't have tags for my cats since they don't wear collars. Can't keep the collars on them more than half a day at the most. I think they conspire to chew each other's collars off.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No tags and no collars here either, far too dangerous IMO

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also don't keep collars or tags on my cats. They houdini their way out within half an hour. It IS amusing to watch Tails struggle to take his off, since he tries to grab at the tag with his front paws, standing up like a little person.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bex__

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our cats pay no attention to their collars. They are breakaway and barely any pull will pull them off. I just like to keep tags on them because we live around so many people and honestly if they were to get out none of them would know what to do with themselves, lol.

twobananaz

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we have their AVID chip tags, and a little butterfly dangly thing with their names on the back. Saki also has a white gold amethyst ring that my sister attached to her. gotta get them those "if i'm outside i'm lost" things.

lady rowan

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mine have microchips but they also have if I am out I am lost tags, but the part where you write on the back seriously sucks. It smudges and you have to write so small. You can BARELY write more than one line for multiple numbers.

I am thinking of just getting new "If I am out I'm lost" tags and writing Have microchip on them.

my4llma

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a pink heart for Luna. It has her name, our last name, our address, our phone number. Midnight has a bigger red heart with the same information. Luna's ok with her collar now, but she fought at first. Midnight hates collars.
Lynxx
always wore his collar (with the big read heart tag, or the black circle tag with colorful paw prints on it) with pride

heathen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Each of my kitties has a collar and tag, on the back of each tag there is my name, phone number, city and state I live in. On the front of each is their name and a little personal phrase...so each tag reads thus:

Yvaine, my beautiful little North Star

Merlot, my wonderful little cat

Ember, who warms my heart

Yes apparently I'm a total sap.
Each one has a collar that "suits" them (Merlot's is black with silver diamonds on it, Yvaine's is black and rust, and Ember's is pale pink) and each has a different tag...Merlot's is a simple black disk, Yvaine's is a tiny black disk with a swirly pewter "frame" on it, and Ember's is a pink heart-shaped disk with little faux gems in it.
Each one suits it's wearer...once Merlot is a little less destructive he'll get a more ornate tag. XD Methinks his next tag should read "Merlot, who only gets better with age." XD!!!!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All my cats wear collars because I am concerned about them possibly getting out. There are feral cats around here so no one would look twice at a cat without a collar, so I'm hoping they may if the cat has a collar on. I have had two of mine run out the door, (some people in my house are not as careful or as fast getting through the door) Spot has run out the door more than once but luckily I was able to catch him both times.

My cats either wear collars with my phone number embroidered on the collar itself, or they wear CollarTags from Boomerang Tags which are like nameplates that hook on the collar. This way there is nothing hanging off the collar that could potentially get snagged somewhere. That happened a few times to my cat Church when he had a hanging tag... It got caught on a hook on the fireplace once, and another time he somehow managed to slip the tag through the bars of my sugar glider's cage while he was sitting on top of it. I use breakaway collars so it was ok but I don't want them to lose their collars...
They used to all have embroidered collars from Ragtime Collars, but those seemed to break away way too easily and most of them lost them in the house somewhere and I can't find them. That's why I switched to the Collartags.
Harley has an embroidered collar from K9 Closet which seems to have a better breakaway clasp and doesn't break off TOO easily. The embroidery says Indoor Only on it and my phone number. The CollarTags I have say either 'I'M LOST- CALL' or 'LOST IF ALONE' as the first line. Under that is my phone number and address.

Here's a photo of Harley's embroidered collar: