tags even for indoors?

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally posted by jugen
I have breakaway collars for all my kitties. I also have extra collars and extra tags for them because lately they have been going thru a loose the collar spree. Pretty costly yes, worth every penny I spend? definately! I adore my cats and would be a wreck without them.
Yep, that's our crew, too, especially Fawn, though not so much lately. However, I do believe in being prepared, 'cuz nobody goes out without visible ID. Period. Fawn's cute, though, she shows me her bare neck when she's lost a collar, and waits patiently while I put a replacement on her.

melissa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered breakaway collars for my kitties yesterday where I work, and I'm having tags engraved with their name, my phone number and my civic address on them.

Onyx and Gibs play in the yard on warm days when I'm home to watch them, but there's always a chance they could run off on me, and I need to know they'll make it home safe with the information available on their tag.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Squirt used to go outside, I tried any number of breakawy collars on him. They never lasted more than a day. I even had one collar that wasn't breakaway, and he still found a way to lose it. He always came home without it. Joey has never worn a collar and has never been outside his whole life.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cats are indoor only and I plan to get them both microchipped. I live in a condo unit so they can't get out even if they somehow get out of my unit..there is a LONG hallway and 2 entraces they would have to somehow get through in order to get outside.

Katie