tabby is spraying me

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat Tabby is spraying me she is in heat but she only sprays me I don't know why and I'm at the end of my rope and about to start crying cause it is so frusterating.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Your cat is spraying--as you said--because she is in heat.  She is probably spraying YOU because you are her 'mommy' and she identifies the most with you.

The cure is to get her spayed.  Or isolate her until she is out of heat--though cats can cycle frequently in/out of heat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am trying to get an appointment set up to get her spayed and her son nuetered. I have the application here and am going to get a money order Friday or sometime soon so that I can send it in and set up an appointment. Ugh I just need an outlet and early this morningshe sprayed my boyfriend when he was asleep. I don't sleep that much since she sprays me and I don't want to be in cloths like that all night lol

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are gettinh nuetered and spayed between 7 and 9 tomarrow

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, it's been so long, glad you finally got an appointment set up! Any longer and there would be some Oedipal things going on there :lol3:. :vibes: for smooth surgery/recovery for both of them!

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks they are at the clinic now and im supposed to pick them up between 5 &6 today eastern standered time in U.S.

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
I'm surprised they are letting you bring her home same day of surgery. I'm in the SE US and all vets I have used (I work for a rescue) require all females to stay for at least 24 hrs (unless they are feral and require special handling.) I have been allowed to bring the males home under the conditions that they are crated (we do this with all spay/neuters anyway) and that I bring them back for an AM recheck the following morning.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They told us that they will want us to come back this day to get them ( said it when i called to make the appointment) plus Oh vets couls be diff than anyorher pets

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Huh. My vet lets me take them home the same day, and the low-cost place I used gave them back as soon as they were stitched up (still asleep). They're dopey when they get back from my vet, but I used another vet who uses inhalant anesthetic and they were totally awake just a few hours after surgery. So it depends on the vet and the anesthetic.

But if they are dopey when you pick them up, yeah, keep them crated until they're fully awake. Otherwise they might walk into walls or fall down stairs or something.

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They are wairing till they wake up to let them come home with me and my bf

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh and i love that place when i get more money im going to take them there and get everythingfor them up to date that place is such a low cost place

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know we dont have stairs they just need to watch for walls and corners

tabbymommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tabby and buddy both are home abd settled in. More loving than usual. But perfextly fine. Tabby is 7.3 pounds and buddy is 6.6 pounds