Sylvester Is Getting Matted Again Despite My Combing Him!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we have tried our best, but we are losing the battle against Sylvester's mats, he just keeps getting them, he hardly tolerates us trying to comb him be it individually or as a "tag team", so we have come to realize that when the weather gets warmer we will once again have to capture him and take him to get a haircut; we will try to keep him sort of "at bay" with them until then, but they don't seem to be bothering him as we have been able to keep them from the middle of his back where they seem to pull the most, but I know MANY people have told us that they HAVE to take their longhairs in for a cut at least once a year, some even more, so we will deal with that but not now, we don't want him to be shaved down and be cold so we will wait a bit, it will give me time to get myself "psyched up" to do it lol! :runaround: :help: :confused: :fear: :gaah:

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hang in there!! If it gets to be too much and you can't wait, I've seen the cutest little cat tube sweaters for shaved kitties. Bless your hearts!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang in there!! If it gets to be too much and you can't wait, I've seen the cutest little cat tube sweaters for shaved kitties. Bless your hearts!
Thanks for the support and advice! I think he'll be okay, just has such long flowing gorgeous hair but it tends to mat easily for several reasons I guess, despite us trying and using at least 4 different brushes! Guess it's just one of those things that is inherent with very long haired cats like the vet said!

Thanks to all for the replies and support! :biggrin: :rbheart: