Swollen toe

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone. My female cat does not step on one of her back legs. This started almost a week ago. I showed her to the vet next day after it started. The vet did X-rays and said her paw is inflamed. The medication he gave is not helping. I inspected her paws and noticed one of her toes is swollen on the affected paw. Same toe seems to be swollen on the other paw as well to the lesser extent. Does anyone know what it is and what can I do to help her recover from this? My vet seems to have no idea, he did not even pick up it is the toe. I would appreciate your help.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'd take the cat back to the vet and point out the toe problem and insist that the vet diagnose what is wrong. If the vet throws out band aid treatments or just shrugs with a "I don't know what's wrong" attitude, take your cat to another vet.

Is it the actual toe or just one of the black toe pads? It's hard to tell from the pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Natuska

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'd take the cat back to the vet and point out the toe problem and insist that the vet diagnose what is wrong. If the vet throws out band aid treatments or just shrugs with a "I don't know what's wrong" attitude, take your cat to another vet.

Is it the actual toe or just one of the black toe pads? It's hard to tell from the pictures.
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I probably should get the vet to look at it properly. They charged so much and didn't even notice where the pain is coming from. It is one of her black toe pads, it is red and swollen, although the swelling is quite hard to see in the pictures.