Swollen Paw Please Help

BrinkEoS

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
(I KNOW THIS IS LONG IM SO SORRY BUT PLEASE) My cat came home last week from being outside, which in his two years of being outside has never gotten a scratch from anything so he has never really experience bad or traumatic pain, so he’s at the front door casually dangling his paw up which was very swollen, noticeable immediately. I know I should go to the vet but it is truly not an option for me and it is tearing me apart so I’m hoping I can get any thoughts or ideas on what it could be.. it’s still swollen so it’s been a week. His paw pads seem to be spaced out way more than his other foot almost like his toes are broken but that’s not it, next to the big pad in the bottom right under it there was skin lifted up and dried almost like it was detached from his paw but I don’t know if that’s been there maybe? I touched the front toes to check because it almost seems like a toe is missing and a piece seemed to lift up and That’s where I stopped because I was to nervous to hurt him. He has not been crying, has been begging to go back outside even though he is still not using his one leg, which is constantly being held up by him.. I know he definitely was hurting in the beginning but I can’t tell if he doesn’t know if it is safe to place his foot down.. Please I can provide more detail it’s just this was a lot… thank you for any help! Pictures attached are both the hurt paw (one with wound from him licking) and the other

Attachments

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Google charity care/low cost care. Can also call local vet, explain the situation and ask for advice. They may know of an organization, or do charity care themselves. Also call local rescues.

Aint nothing else you can do. This isn't a homecare situation.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles
This article might give some suggestions and be sure to do the above. A local rescue might know of a vet who does work at reduced costs.

Don't let him out, despite what he wants. I have had injured ferals and those who were almost killed by humans want out again...like lightning can't strike twice.

Try really hard to get some help for him. Do you have any friends or relatives with human medical experience, like nurses? Someone who could help you take a look at the extent of the injuries? Really bad cuts can become septic, bones can fuse improperly, so he needs to see someone.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The wound looks infected to me is the biggest reason you can't deal with this without help. However, that is a fairly simple issue with vet help, so I think there is a good chance of a successful resolution if you work the internet and make those calls.