Swollen lymph nodes, swollen leg

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
week I noticed a lump under each front leg of our beautiful cat Oliver. I didn't think anything of it since her elbows dig in that spot so I figures it was irritation. A few days later I checked her again and noticed she now has a lump in each pit of her legs. I started searching online to see what was going on and read a lot of different things so I'm not completely sure what's the matter. I read a lot about swollen lymph nodes which I now think is the problem since I got up today and noticed her entire front left leg is swollen TWICE the size it would be normally. She's going to the vet tomorrow but I just wanted some feedback so I know what to expect more or less.. Here's what's wrong

Each under pit of each leg has a lump (probably swollen lymph nodes)
-Her left front leg is twice the size of normal (she will let me touch it but I can tell it hurts her)
-The skin of her swollen leg looks dark but her paws still feels warm
-She can't walk on her front left paw at all
-I've seen her eat&drink, but she won't chew her hard food so I gave her soft food
-I haven't noticed a change in her bathroom habits
-She's lethargic and has mostly just layed in our clothes hamper the past couple days (that didn't really make me think anything else was wrong though since she usually finds a spot every few weeks where she likes to lay the most)
-There is now a small open wound on her swollen leg that I noticed within the last hour, she kinda let's me touch it but I can't hardly see past her fur, maybe her skin started to rip open from it being so swollen?
I'm so scared for her. I just want her to be okay, I don't want her to cancer, I don't want her to get put down that would kill me, she's so young and such an amazing baby girl. We almost lost her when she was a baby cause she got her neck all wrapped up in like a strap an luckily me and my bf were there and got her cut out of it (our other cat actually let us know something was wrong) That day killed me but I was so happy she lived.I lovwher so much and I just want her to be okay [emoji]10084[/emoji]
Any feedback would be much appreciated and ant questions you have I will gladly answer to try and figure this out. Like I said she's going to the vet tomorrow, but I just want to know a bit of what to expect more or less.

Llease say a prayer for my baby girl oliver. She's too young and too much of a wonderful cat she does not deserve this.

I will include some pictures of her paws

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It won't upload any of the pictures..
And its supposed to be *last week*

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
This baby needs to see a Vet, immediately!!!!!!  She is in pain! It sounds pretty serious..

Please do not wait for anyone on here to diagnose and treat her.. Your cat needs professional Care... and ASAP!!

She is suffering.. she could lose her leg or worse if you do not take action...

Good Luck...

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom I had to wait until today to take her to the vet, but we just got back and the vet said she has a big abcess on her front leg. They gave her a shot of antibiotics there and sent us home with antibiotic drops and some anti inflam stuff. She seems to be doing OK, I'm getting ready to make her some soft food and give her some meds. On a side not while we were at the vet, literally while the doctor was telling us about her abcess, it busted and was leaking everywhere but I guess that's good? He said it will leak for like 3-4 days puss and then after that it will leak a clear liquid and eventually close up and the swelling will be gone. We are taking her back on Tuesday for a follow up so I'll post an update then.
Say prayers for my good girl [emoji]10084[/emoji]

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that Oliver is on the way to recovery.  Sending best wishes that she heals quickly!  

Were you having problems posting an image?  If so, check out the image and video tutorial:
[article="24985"]Image And Video Tutorial  [/article]
Please let us know how your girl does!  

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
margd margd
Thank you so much! I have high hopes she will be better soon :)

And I'll check out that tutorial, but I though I've added images before? Like I k ow what button to push a d it let's me upload the image and acra as if its posting it but it has a problem embedding it or something cause after it tries posting I just get a black screen

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
margd margd
Yeah I'll have to look into that cause I know the stuff he tutorial is telling me, and I'm on mobile

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
@Artiemom I had to wait until today to take her to the vet, but we just got back and the vet said she has a big abcess on her front leg. They gave her a shot of antibiotics there and sent us home with antibiotic drops and some anti inflam stuff. She seems to be doing OK, I'm getting ready to make her some soft food and give her some meds. On a side not while we were at the vet, literally while the doctor was telling us about her abcess, it busted and was leaking everywhere but I guess that's good? He said it will leak for like 3-4 days puss and then after that it will leak a clear liquid and eventually close up and the swelling will be gone. We are taking her back on Tuesday for a follow up so I'll post an update then.
Say prayers for my good girl [emoji]10084[/emoji]
YaY... Happy Dance... so glad you were able to get her to the Vet.... she should be feeling better very soon...

Thank you!!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
To start a new thread, go to the forum where you want to post. For example, if your question is about a health issue, go to the Cat Health Forum: http://www.thecatsite.com/f/4/cat-health Look up near the top of the page, right above where all the threads are listed and you'll see a blue box that says "start a new thread." Just press that button and everything should be straightforward after that.

Did you ever figure out your problem with the images?

And of course, how is dear Oliver?

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got my new forum figured out thank you lol and Oliver is doing wonderful since her vet visit, shes my Lil love bug :)