Swollen lower lip

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hi! and welcome to TCS.  I just noticed that no one has replied yet to your post
  Sorry about that.

Is his lip still red and swolleln?  I wonder if he might have gotten bitten by something?  That's entirely possible whether indoors OR outdoors, isn't it.  Does it seem to bother him?  Is it getting any better, or worse? 

Hopefully by now it's completely gone

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi MrsGreenJeens, 

Thank you for the reply, so far the swelling is still there, but has gone down considerably.  It might be possible that he could have been bitten by something; I'm actually wondering if the recent infestation of ants that are around my patio door leading to inside might have something to do with Marley's lip swelling...I'll keep you posted, 

Thanks again for your input :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

furmama

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@Anne, lip swelling seems to have gone down considerably, but still there.  I'm wondering if the recent infestation of ants near my patio door has anything to do with this, maybe he got bit by the ants?

Thanks for asking Anne :) 

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

@Anne, lip swelling seems to have gone down considerably, but still there.  I'm wondering if the recent infestation of ants near my patio door has anything to do with this, maybe he got bit by the ants?

Thanks for asking Anne :) 
That sounds like a possibility. Do you know what kind of ants they were? I'm glad he's doing better now.