Swollen bottom lip?

Katiejo1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I came home from being out to find my cat had lost his hair on his bottom lip and is a bit swollen. It’s been a couple days because I’ve been monitoring it but intend on a vet visit next week. Until then do you guys have any insight on what it could be? It seems to swell and then go back down every other day. 6CDAE711-C356-448A-A7DC-071716621B48.jpeg 21DA4461-41D1-455E-B53E-2A06B039D730.jpeg 94E4C7DA-080E-4A83-BD17-1DC7A4400EB6.jpeg

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
That’s what it looks like to me, too. Fancy name is eosinophilic granuloma. I had a cat who used to get it all the time. The vet would give her a steroid shot and it would clear up until the next time. It turns out that she was allergic to the teaspoon of milk I was giving her every morning. She never got it again after I stopped the milk. I hope the solution for your kitty is as simple and if that’s what it is, that you can discover what he’s allergic to!

Welcome to TCS, by the way! What’s your handsome gray boy’s name?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katiejo1998

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That’s what it looks like to me, too. Fancy name is eosinophilic granuloma. I had a cat who used to get it all the time. The vet would give her a steroid shot and it would clear up until the next time. It turns out that she was allergic to the teaspoon of milk I was giving her every morning. She never got it again after I stopped the milk. I hope the solution for your kitty is as simple and if that’s what it is, that you can discover what he’s allergic to!

Welcome to TCS, by the way! What’s your handsome gray boy’s name?
His name is Johnny! He’s the craziest little 9 month boy ever! Thank you for the reply :)