Swollen bottom lip

lsulover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

I am back. The vet said it was an allergic reaction to something. They gave my sweetie a steriod shot to take care of it and said she will be fine. It could be from a scorpion sting or anything. Her lip should be back to normal by this evening!
I was thinking of something like that when I first read this post.

And I tell you why I thought that, my lips used to do the same thing, one year it would be my top lip, the next year it would be my bottom lip. We finally figured out that it was happening when I went to the baseball park. If I felt my lip tingling, I could take Benadryl right away, and it wouldn't swell up real big. It got to where if I knew I was going to the baseball field I would take some Benadryl. It hadn't done it for years now.

But the doctor told me the same thing, he told me it could have been something that I was allergic to.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do have 2 fountains for the cats and or course they are plastic. I have to take them completely apart and clean them up entirely at least once a week or Pinky's lip gets fat. The rest of the water bowls in the house are stainless and he drinks from all of them.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Jamie smashed his this week
Jamie...you never stop do you sweetie?

Thanks for the info. about EGC Tricia.
I had never heard of it.
Recently, Sadie has developed a spot on the bridge of her nose.
I just assumed it was a scratch from one of the daily Sadie/Dexter boxing bouts but just in case it is EGC...
I will get rid of all plastic and watch her closely.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Funny you should ask - Robert just threw our Fresh Flow out, because it was "making funny noises", and I've been looking all over for a stainless steel fountain, so far with no luck. I've found glass and ceramic "decorative" fountains, but they don't have filters.
Ditto automatic feeders. Jamie smashed his this week, and I've been looking for a sturdier one where I could at least put a china or steel bowl inside, like with his old model, but no go.
jcat - i have an automatic feeder that pops up when it's time and i removed the plastic bowls and placed ceramic ramekins in it and it works great.