swollen bottom lip on my cat

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi I haven't posted in ages been busy and caring for my elderly mother .
My cat Tinker has a swollen bottom lip, it comes and it goes but never completely clears up. I've contacted the vet and they told me to send a photo of her lip, the vet is ringing on Wednesday to discuss the swollen lip and her skin ?
I have treated her fro fleas and she still has little black bits coming off her coat i looked this up and apparently it is flea poop , she doesn't has fleas now but she still scratches and grooms herself nearly all the time . I am wondering if this is why her lip keeps swelling up .
The nurse that looked at the pictures said it doesn't look horrendous but the vet will call on Wednesday, this is because of covid-19 and the vet are only taking in emergencies .
Here are a few pics of her lip .She's 7 years old by the way and she's an indoor cat but only ventures out into the garden no further .

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could be a rodent ulcer but not sure. If it is, they are easily treated with meds from your vet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

2littlerascals

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It could be a rodent ulcer but not sure. If it is, they are easily treated with meds from your vet.
Thanks, I think I will have to make an appointment or the vet will just prescribe medication for me to pick up .