Switching to a higher-quality food

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed my kittens Eukanuba dry and a small can of wet food (usually Nutro Max or Natural, and I'm adding Chicken Soup to the rotation) per day. They're looking great, even with their unrelated health problems. The shelter was feeding them Science Diet and they were both scrawny with dry, scruffy coats and they had trouble getting 8 week old Eve to put on weight. Now they're shiny, soft, good weights, and growing like weeds.

I do think Eukanuba dry is a good food, although many on this forum don't like it because it does have chicken by-products. But it does have much, much better ingrediants than Iams or any of Purina's brands. There's a lot of meat and really not much corn. Even with the by-products, I like the ingredient list better than Nutro dry.

Sharky, what do you think of Authority's canned food? I'm happy with feeding mostly Nutro and Chicken Soup canned but I like to have options.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Naturestee

I feed my kittens Eukanuba dry and a small can of wet food (usually Nutro Max or Natural, and I'm adding Chicken Soup to the rotation) per day. They're looking great, even with their unrelated health problems. The shelter was feeding them Science Diet and they were both scrawny with dry, scruffy coats and they had trouble getting 8 week old Eve to put on weight. Now they're shiny, soft, good weights, and growing like weeds.

I do think Eukanuba dry is a good food, although many on this forum don't like it because it does have chicken by-products. But it does have much, much better ingrediants than Iams or any of Purina's brands. There's a lot of meat and really not much corn. Even with the by-products, I like the ingredient list better than Nutro dry.

Sharky, what do you think of Authority's canned food? I'm happy with feeding mostly Nutro and Chicken Soup canned but I like to have options.
AUthority fall s under decent to good ... it has animal liver and cellulose I dont like either in high amounts but I do use a couple of there cans when money is tight...
Eukanuba is okay but I think for the price there are many better for less... Pm me and I will disect it for you