Switching food formulas (regurgitation photo's nasty)

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats always been a Purina cat, lately I've mentioned regurgitation that's been happening. I switched her to a slow feeder and notice now that it's just smears, I think she's like rolling around in it or something, pretty gross but cats. Figured it was a Hairball at first but the smoothness I noticed from cleaning it and color looks just like the formula maybe upsetting her stomach. Before spending $500 at the vet I wonder if just switching food formula might be a decent choice.

Purina Cat Chow Gentle Dry Cat Food, Sensitive Stomach + Skin - 13 lb. Bag Amazon.com

She's been on this kind

Purina Cat Chow Hairball, Healthy Weight, Indoor, Natural Dry Cat Food, Naturals Indoor - 13 lb. Bag Amazon.com

1000004611.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I thought the pic looked familiar, and sure enough you shared that back on 12/09 in your thread - Are liquid hairballs normal (nasty Pic) | TheCatSite.

So, is the pic from before or after you switched to a slow feeder? I take it is before and now the food is more digested rather than your cat throwing up immediately after eating, which was what some thought when they responded to your other thread.

As asked before, how often does this happen? And, is there a specific meal of the day when it happens? What is her feeding schedule, or are you leaving food out 24/7? A lot of things could be going on causing her to throw up her food, but the frequency and timing can be helpful information to try to narrow down possible causes.

As far as changing her food, if you choose to do this, you transition slowly by only giving her a small portion of the new food mixed with the old food, and then over time increase the new food and decrease the old food. This helps her system to adapt to a new food to reduce the chances of stomach upset.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kennethkeen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I thought the pic looked familiar, and sure enough you shared that back on 12/09 in your thread - Are liquid hairballs normal (nasty Pic) | TheCatSite.

So, is the pic from before or after you switched to a slow feeder? I take it is before and now the food is more digested rather than your cat throwing up immediately after eating, which was what some thought when they responded to your other thread.

As asked before, how often does this happen? And, is there a specific meal of the day when it happens? What is her feeding schedule, or are you leaving food out 24/7? A lot of things could be going on causing her to throw up her food, but the frequency and timing can be helpful information to try to narrow down possible causes.

As far as changing her food, if you choose to do this, you transition slowly by only giving her a small portion of the new food mixed with the old food, and then over time increase the new food and decrease the old food. This helps her system to adapt to a new food to reduce the chances of stomach upset.
I couldn't remember asking memory isn't the best.