Swheat Scoop Cat Litter?

deljo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found Special Kitty litter for multiple cats at Wal-mart was the best, this comes in a 28lb. purple bag. It has crystals for odor control. Low dust, clumps very well. I scoop twice daily and replace the amt. I scoop out.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Misty8723

Sweat Scoop is dusty, but not as bad as the clay litter.

I'm thinking of trying worlds best litter, but the bag seems awfully small. Seems like it would cost a fortune to fill 3 big litter pans.
I buy the 34 lb. size and it lasts a long time with 2 litter boxes.

I won't use clay litters because I believe the dust gets into their little lungs,draws moisture from their bodies and can form clumps in their system. When Bijou was a baby I started out with the clay litter and he was coughing. I switched and now feel better. That's just my own personal feeling on clay litters. I especially wouldn't use them for small kittens.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ptnfl

May I ask what the chh is that everyone is talking about. I've used Sweat Scoop for almost a year now because I found it to be a wonderful alternative to clay. Also, it's supposed to be healthier for the cats. I have 4 of them and the litter boxes are kept in the extra bathroom which makes it SOOOO easy to clean. Just scoop it out and into the toilet (it is flushable for septics) and since I clean the boxes 3 to 4 (or more) times a day, it makes it easy. I don't know about the dust though. It seems easier for me to breath and doesn't smell like the clay stuff, but if there is something better out there I'd love to be educated.

Thanks,
Donna
Great question, Donna!
We're referring to chicken feed when abbreviating the word to chn. Some members feel that it is superior in performance over Sweat Scoop. Thank you for sharing your family's positive experience with Sweat Scoop. In the long run, it's actually up to our kitties, isn't it!

ptnfl

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your response. Yes, when I was at the Groomer yesterday, she mentioned that she now uses chicken feed and how wonderful it is. I may try that as it is fushable as well, correct?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ptnfl

Thank you for your response. Yes, when I was at the Groomer yesterday, she mentioned that she now uses chicken feed and how wonderful it is. I may try that as it is fushable as well, correct?
it is flushable though I do that very little ...