Sweet moment with Rex

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of my fosters - Rex - is sweet but sometimes a little skittish when you go to pet him. He is a nice little boy and does greet me when I come in.

His favorite place to "hang out" is on the afghan on the sofa. Tonight, I sat down on the next cushion over and BF and I were talking when I felt a light tap on my hand, which was on the sofa next to me. It was Rex. He reached over and tapped my hand and gave me the "sweet eye."
(instead of the stank eye
)

So I spent about 15 mins petting and scratching him, especially under the chin. He gave me little love nips and kisses ...something he has never done before and then... rolled onto his side, wrapped his front paws around my hand and wrist.... and fell asleep.

He has NEVER done that before. I was so touched I didn't want to move... and when I gently tried to remove my hand he woke up and wouldn't let me!
:

Finally, the sweet moment was spoiled by the BROTHERS - J and P... galloping through the house like a herd of raging elephants.

esrandall2000

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How wonderful! Bless Rex's precious kitty heart! I think that you have truly graduated to "meowmy!"
:heart3 :
:heart3 :

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, how sweet! Thanks for sharing such a sweet success story!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! Rex took a LONG time to adapt to life in my place. The first few days there he cried and cried, wandering around looking for SOMEONE. We think he was like Grandma's cat or something that got dumped at the pound. He has really blossomed into a sweet, playful little guy. And he is very bonded to Jake and Prowler - my brother cats. They head rub each other and groom... so sweet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CoolCat

I figured the lovely scene!..

I would love to meet to Rex in photo!..

thanks for share!..
This is Rex: (brown tabby and white)

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww...the darling thing! Such impeccable whites!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's a looker! What a sweet, sweet story, too. Sounds like he's adopted you now.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
AWWWWW!!!
I love, love, love that second picture! He looks like he's saying, "I love it here. I'm very happy." So sweet!