Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (2007)

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I loved this movie! I'm not a fan of musicals, but I'm a huge fan of Johnny Depp. And Johnny Depp and Tim Burton together just makes it all the better. Yes, it was a bit gory, but the blood was so fakey that it was humorous. I will be buying this movie to add to my Johnny Depp collection and can't wait to see it again & again!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I actuall quite enjoyed it. I was a bit dubious at first, but I have to admit it was an interesting combo of musical and horror. I've been brought up on musical films, so no problem there - and as for bloody films, I think the only one I haven't seen is Passion of the Christ. Sure, the story is thin and weak, sure the singing sucks, and sure it's bloody. But it's different. That's got to count for a lot in the days where there are more films about natural disasters than there are people on the planet, when overly saccharin love stories make you more sick than all the sweets in a candy store and when every alien abduction appears to take place in the USA. Movies are waaaaaaay too predictable these days. Hence why I don't frequent the cinemas any more. Give me something a little bit different, no matter how bad it is, and I'll go and watch it just to see. To be honest, I would rather eat my own feet than see another typical, "same ol', same ol'" Hollywood production. Where did creativity and ingenuity go?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lookingglass

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LilleKat

I actuall quite enjoyed it. I was a bit dubious at first, but I have to admit it was an interesting combo of musical and horror. I've been brought up on musical films, so no problem there - and as for bloody films, I think the only one I haven't seen is Passion of the Christ. Sure, the story is thin and weak, sure the singing sucks, and sure it's bloody. But it's different. That's got to count for a lot in the days where there are more films about natural disasters than there are people on the planet, when overly saccharin love stories make you more sick than all the sweets in a candy store and when every alien abduction appears to take place in the USA. Movies are waaaaaaay too predictable these days. Hence why I don't frequent the cinemas any more. Give me something a little bit different, no matter how bad it is, and I'll go and watch it just to see. To be honest, I would rather eat my own feet than see another typical, "same ol', same ol'" Hollywood production. Where did creativity and ingenuity go?
To your local art house theater. Main stream Hollywood films use stock scripts, endings, and characters because that's what the majority of people want to see. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but if one watches as many movies as I do it can get dull quickly.

The most creative film making I've seen is being done on the cheep by students that don't know any better. It's out there. Trust me.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lookingglass

To your local art house theater. Main stream Hollywood films use stock scripts, endings, and characters because that's what the majority of people want to see. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, but if one watches as many movies as I do it can get dull quickly.

The most creative film making I've seen is being done on the cheep by students that don't know any better. It's out there. Trust me.
I agree - although there are also some cheap students who make some real rubbish too! Trust me on that one!!
I agree on the "rotation-scheme" scripts getting too dull too quickly. Films lose something when you can accurately predict the storyline from the title alone.