Suspicious cat bald spot, should I be worried?

crebot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone. My kitten is now 12-13 weeks old, very healthy, playful and growing wonderfully fed and taken care of. When he was little, he already had the area above his eyes a bit more bald than everywhere else, but nothing drastic. Today, I've noticed it seems a bit more bald than before, however the spot looks healthy and not damaged. Thoughts?? I'm worried that something could be wrong. Please look at the pics and share your thoughts! Thank you!!

stephenq

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi everyone. My kitten is now 12-13 weeks old, very healthy, playful and growing wonderfully fed and taken care of. When he was little, he already had the area above his eyes a bit more bald than everywhere else, but nothing drastic. Today, I've noticed it seems a bit more bald than before, however the spot looks healthy and not damaged. Thoughts?? I'm worried that something could be wrong. Please look at the pics and share your thoughts! Thank you!! [/quote]
Hi well it doesn't look typical for ringworm, but its pretty much impossible to diagnose a skin issue just by a photo but something is going on a and a vet visit is in order before it either spreads or becomes infected and then harder and more $$$ to treat.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Some cats just have thin hair around that area, but as Stephen said, it's nearly impossible to tell by a picture and of course, we're not veterinarians so can't provide you with a diagnosis anyway. 

Has he been to the vet already? At this age he needs a routine checkup, shots and very soon a neuter. I would definitely mention your concerns to the vet and lt him or her take a look.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Without a vet visit nothing can be for sure, but if it doesn't get bigger or worse, or have a rash or wound in it, I would just observe it for a while. He could have rubbed it off. Ringworm is usually rounder than that, yours looks more like a thinning, and it will spread to more spots very quickly, one day you have one spot, by the next there are 4. To me, it doesn't look serious, but the next time you are at the vets, bring it up. Thank you for giving that sweet little boy such a caring home!