Suspected cat urinary infection?

maria1000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all
my Cat is desperately going to the litter tray this morning. He had a number 2 but now it has been attempting to wee 10 times plus. He is digging going to wee maybe a wee drop out of the box and then back again. He has been licking his genitals.

Does this look like urinary infection? Not had experience with this previously. He spreads very I settled and has been going in the litter and out for the last 10 minutes

I will see if a vet is open.
Thanks
Maybe

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maria1000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Apologies I wrote this in a hurry and the auto spelling replaced some words.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Please find a vet that is open. It could be a urinary tract infection, but it could be a blockage - which are more common in male cats. So, the sooner you can get him checked out the better.

Let us know what happens.

maria1000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Please find a vet that is open. It could be a urinary tract infection, but it could be a blockage - which are more common in male cats. So, the sooner you can get him checked out the better.

Let us know what happens.
Thank you FeebysOwner.
We went back to the Clinic and they confirmed no blockage but they suspect stress based cystitis and they gave us meloxicam to help with the inflammation.
Mitz is stressed out and has been hiding under the wardrobe. I’m hoping he will feel better once the light goes down and realise we’re not taking him anywhere anymore and come out…What is the best way to deal with stress post vet visits? Should I just ignore him until he is ready to come to us?

regards
M

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Normally it is best to act like normal, go about your business, and treat him as you always do. I will sometimes give Feeby extra pets and talk to her more and/or spend extra time in the room where she is at, maybe even offer a treat or two. It could be that he is upset by what he feels with the cystitis too.

maria1000

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Normally it is best to act like normal, go about your business, and treat him as you always do. I will sometimes give Feeby extra pets and talk to her more and/or spend extra time in the room where she is at, maybe even offer a treat or two. It could be that he is upset by what he feels with the cystitis too.
Thank you FeebysOwner, I fussed around him and gave him treats, brushed him but he is acting very suspicious especially if both myself and OH are going together to see him.
Todays started on a similar note with him under the wardrobe.., I pursued him to eat to give him the meloxicam and then he relaxed a bit more and slept all day. Woke him just now to feed him and see to him with the mucolytic. He seems more trusting when is dark outside rather than daylight. He obviously picked up on times of day we took him to vet and usually both myself and OH get him ready for vet. I’m impressed on his ability to identify patterns.
Regards
M