Sushi's seems bored

jkuras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My adopted rescue cat now wakes me up, to eat and to play.  I play with him several times before I go to work and when I come home, even though I come home at midnight.  I bought him Cat Boxes and Cat Tunnels.  Made places for him to climb, but he still cries when he is bored.  

I thought he was hungry at first,  but when I went to see what was wrong, his ears go back and he runs and jumps into his cat tunnels and races out to attack my legs as soon as I am near, and then hides until I look for him.  Then he jumps out again, as if I am a cat playing with him.  The vet believes he may be around a year old, but no one is sure.  I feel badly.  I can't play with him all the time.  I am also semi retired, so my energy level is not as it would be if I were  younger.

I thought of adopting another cat, but when he goes to the vet and sees a cat or kitten, he hisses and puts out his claws and clings to me.  He may have been attacked on the street, he did have scars.  Of course, no one knows what they are from.  He had been ill, and I do not want to put on any additional stress that might cause him to be sick again.  It was enough to see him upset at the vet's.  As soon as I took him  home, he came out of the carrier as if nothing happened and just pranced around the apartment.

I give him loads of attention and affection, and I invite him to be with me wherever I am.  He stays close to me at night and sleeps above my head or by my side and does not get up until 6Am when he starts walking on me to get up.  When I don't chase him when he starts whinning, he gets this look in his eyes, and his ears go back.  He gets mischievous and starts exploring and jumping into areas where he could potentially get hurt.

He does not like toys. I tried them all.  He uses his scratch posts and his scratch couch that I bought him.  He loves them, especially when he gets overjoyed, he attacks them with his claws.   He will not initiate playing with a toy, but he initiates jumping in and out of his cat tunnels and boxes.  I only lock him out of my living room when I leave for work as his gymnastics on my shelves and furniture in the living room could cause him to fall and break his neck.   

Any suggestions.

Joyce

Last edited:

kittypaws12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hiya all, sorry for the hijack but I'm new here, can anyone tell me how I start a new post please? I can't seem to find the option?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jkuras

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi  to the Hijacker - you click start a new thread on top.

Thank you for your response, but as much as I love him, he can't run my life.  He will have to learn there are times to play, sleep, eat and just rest.

I gave him plenty of outlets and I do play with him.  Anyway, he will adjust to me as well.

Thank you.

Joyce