Survey for Cancer Research in Cats: In Memory of My Beloved Boy

cansnm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi guys,

I lost my cat to lymphoma this year, which was one of the most difficult times of my life. I really stretched myself financially to make sure I could provide everything for my little friend, but he ultimately got too sick, and we decided to put him down before he suffers more.

In memory of my beloved cat, I am conducting a survey to understand how much pet owners would be willing to spend on a new oncology drug. As a molecular biologist working on cancer research, I believe that gathering this information could help in the development of more effective and affordable treatments for pets battling cancer. I would aim to use the results to seek more funding for academic research on feline oncology.

By participating in this survey, you'll be contributing to a better understanding of pet families’ perspectives. Please take 2 minutes to fill out the short survey. Thank you for your support.

You can access the survey here. No email addresses or personal info will be collected.
Cat Health & Family Behaviours

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
C cansnm Done and bless you.

I'm truly sorry for your loss. I too sadly know that pain all to well. Mia. I can tell you it was one of the most cruel, brutal, horrific and unyielding things I've ever experienced. It cuts you to your core.

Her sister may also being going down this road too but I hope not.

The one thing about the survey I would point out is that I probably would have answered slightly different, not much, if the cure had a high success rate.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

cansnm

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you all. I found the lack of treatment options very disheartening back then and hope that we can change that. The survey has been getting a lot of traction since it was posted here, so I would also like to thank the admins for allowing me to post. I am wishing you and all your purry friends a great, long life. Much love.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi guys,

I lost my cat to lymphoma this year, which was one of the most difficult times of my life. I really stretched myself financially to make sure I could provide everything for my little friend, but he ultimately got too sick, and we decided to put him down before he suffers more.

In memory of my beloved cat, I am conducting a survey to understand how much pet owners would be willing to spend on a new oncology drug. As a molecular biologist working on cancer research, I believe that gathering this information could help in the development of more effective and affordable treatments for pets battling cancer. I would aim to use the results to seek more funding for academic research on feline oncology.

By participating in this survey, you'll be contributing to a better understanding of pet families’ perspectives. Please take 2 minutes to fill out the short survey. Thank you for your support.

You can access the survey here. No email addresses or personal info will be collected.
Cat Health & Family Behaviours
Done. I am so sorry for your loss. Lymphoma is a very, very cruel diagnosis.
If you do another survey at some point, you might want to add in something about "Depends on the age/current health of the cat." Many people would be willing to do a very expensive and potentially invasive treatment on a healthy young cat, but wouldn't opt for the same with an old cat that was already very sick.
Thank you for making this survey :)