Surgery is in 2.5 hours.. Eeeeeek!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim, I've been out of town for over a week, and I'm just catching up. I'm SO GLAD your surgery went well. You follow the Doctor's orders and have people wait on you!!!!!!! I'm so glad it went well and you're back home safe and sound. The hard part comes next, but pamper yourself (and be pampered) in the meantime. And enjoy those meds since you need them anyway, LOL!!!!!!!!

All the kids send scritches to you, LOL! Hugs from me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to tell ya.... I woke up this morning and I felt like my foot was run over by a semi. I am still as high as a freakin' kite. Now I know why I was told not to make any major decisions while on this medication. Whew! I was prescribed oxycontin for pain and after researching it, I found out it is really Strrrroonnng! Anyway...I called my surgeon today and ask him if he could prescribe liquid Loratab instead and he did. It's not nearly as potent as oxycontin.......(PROOF: it tooke me a long time to t ype this, Lol!)

shell

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kim, please be very very careful with Oxycontin! It's extremely addictive & one of the most powerful pain med's out there. Lortab can still be addictive, but not nearly as bad. Just please be careful, ok?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Shell
Kim, please be very very careful with Oxycontin! It's extremely addictive & one of the most powerful pain med's out there. Lortab can still be addictive, but not nearly as bad. Just please be careful, ok?
Thanks Shell
I will be careful. Later on tonight, I am supposed to start taking Loratab instead of Oxycontin... I plan to toss the Oxycontin—it makes me feel terrible anyway.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kim, when Gary had a growth removed from his head (not a brain tumor though), he looked like he'd been hit by a truck, but didn't feel that way.

I'm so sorry - it seems like you're in pain despite the meds.

What I can't believe is how much sense you ARE making, LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW - you might have mentioned it earlier, but I don't remember. How long before you're up and around - and then any idea how long before you'll be without pain? Will you have to use a cane or a crutch or something? God - one of my fears is having something happen to my feet. I know what you're going through will be so worth it, but you're so brave!!!!!!!!!!!!!