Surely it is not just me!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cry over every kitty/doggy that I read about in Crossing The Bridge.
It breaks my heart! I want to go hug the meowmy's and daddy's that lost an angel!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yip, I know just how you feel! That's why some days I don't go there, I'm not in a position to be seen bawling my eyes out, but I do try to go everyday, and try to reply everytime that I can.....especially when its someone who just joined because they just lost their wee one, I kinda feel that they don't know the support group that we offer to each other, and need as much help as they can get, ASAP.

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm like that too, I'm very sensitive. It took me 5 months to go to the Rainbow bridge forum, and everytime I say I'm not coming back, but I always do.

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You're stronger than I am. I NEVER go there. Well, I did ONCE and I couldn't stop crying. It's too sad a place to be.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The Bridge is a hard place to go. I suspect there aren't many people on this board who don't have a hard time there -- heck, we wouldn't be here if we weren't totally besotted with our kitties, and we know all too well, even those who have yet to experience this loss, how devastated we have felt/would feel.

I don't get in there as often as I should, but I try to go in every couple of days, and I try to respond to at least some of the threads, though some nights I find I just can't put the words together.

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rapunzel47

The Bridge is a hard place to go. I suspect there aren't many people on this board who don't have a hard time there -- heck, we wouldn't be here if we weren't totally besotted with our kitties, and we know all too well, even those who have yet to experience this loss, how devastated we have felt/would feel.

I don't get in there as often as I should, but I try to go in every couple of days, and I try to respond to at least some of the threads, though some nights I find I just can't put the words together.
Fran just kinda nailed it for me there, Bobbie. I'm glad you posted this as it gives me a chance to explain...but we all know there's no real explanation needed. Everyone knows what it does to our hearts and heads. It took me a year. An entire year after beloved Freddie
died just an 8 month old kitten, and what got me back in there was another kitten going to RB heaven over FeLV.
In fact, that night drained me so much that Stephanie called me on the phone! I was a wreck, I couldn't handle it but it was a mixture of immense sadness-- and deep shame...that I was choosing to decide when to offer support to another as if grieving on my own timeline instead of being there for them at the right moment was any sort of empathy I could be proud of. So I beat myself up even more inside.

It's gotten easier to be in the blue room, if easier is even a concept to be used in the same sentence. Less draining? Maybe, but never less moving. You are not alone my dear, and just the fact that you chose to be brave and post up about a very sensitive subject is testament to your huge heart.

Love,
Elizabeth

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've got tears in my eyes just reading your post about Freddie E

I don't go in as often as i should because it upsets me so much and i feel so guilty, because i know one day lord knows i'm going to need you all

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I just want to give everyone there

They all make me sad and some do bring tears to my eyes and I have to wait awhile and reply later.
I do have trouble with words and wish my replys could be more comforting.

ashleigh

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used it when I lost Angel, my 9 week old kitty and have posted since, not as often as I should... this isn't me being selfish, it's just I also cry loads, and it brings memories back of my darling Angel, and not the nice ones, the horrid image of the accident.

But I really should post more, as I should be offering comfort to people who have lost their babies, as you guys did for me, sometimes I just don't know what to say, as I know like me people are inconsolable.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a very sad place to go, and I like alot of you, don't go in very often. Not that I don't have the compassion for the ones that are grieving. It's just so hard because we all know that eventually we will be in that situation with our kits ourselves. My grandmother used to say, "don't mourn in the present, rejoice in it. The future will be here soon enough to do that"
I feel shame also that I don't go in and offer my comfort and I really need to do that more.

peachytoday

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my. You all just hit on what I grappled with this week. I am new and after reading some of the post at the bridge I was bawling. My husband was very concerned as he never sees me cry. I grappled with whether I wanted to post replies and after some soul searching decided to try. My words seem so trite to me repling to someone I know is in incredible pain. I know if something happens to my kids I am going to need support. I am a firm believer in you need to give in order to receive and hopefully many years from now when I need to receive someone like me and others at this forum will be there. But it is hard. Thank you for this thread it is what I needed to hear that many find it as hard as I do but that we need to be there for each other.

Tricia

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm crying just reading about going there. My husband has gotten used to seeing tearing streaming down my face and asks if somebody's kitty died.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Gaye and I share mod duties there and we were discussing this the other day, how both of us need to take breaks from time to time to responding to the intense pain we see there daily. It's hard to keep getting barraged over and over again with sadness and struggling within yourself to offer up words of hope, courage or inspiration. It is quite draining, and last year after Blink passed on, I found I could not go there for quite sometime. The same when we lost Kahuna- the losses were shattering and I had no words of hope for those hurting because I had lost hope within myself-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same here! If MY baby had died, I would want people to love and comfort me.

Originally Posted by KittenKrazy

Yip, I know just how you feel! That's why some days I don't go there, I'm not in a position to be seen bawling my eyes out, but I do try to go everyday, and try to reply everytime that I can.....especially when its someone who just joined because they just lost their wee one, I kinda feel that they don't know the support group that we offer to each other, and need as much help as they can get, ASAP.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it must be hard! How are you? Check your Privtae messages, ok?

Originally Posted by hissy

Gaye and I share mod duties there and we were discussing this the other day, how both of us need to take breaks from time to time to responding to the intense pain we see there daily. It's hard to keep getting barraged over and over again with sadness and struggling within yourself to offer up words of hope, courage or inspiration. It is quite draining, and last year after Blink passed on, I found I could not go there for quite sometime. The same when we lost Kahuna- the losses were shattering and I had no words of hope for those hurting because I had lost hope within myself-

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd never been in that forum til 2 weeks ago when Snickers got so ill. I went in there to 'prepare' myself. I have lost a pet before and I remember the awful feeling. It's a sad forum but it's so helpful, because it's a reminder of how much we love our babies & are so attached to them!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
That's one forum I generally avoid. I really have to force myself to read the threads there, and can never come up with the "right" response.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sure that anything you say will comfort someone. I hope so, for me, cause I always think other people say it better than I can.
It just hurts some. I hate it when people are hurting and sad.

Originally Posted by jcat

That's one forum I generally avoid. I really have to force myself to read the threads there, and can never come up with the "right" response.