Supra, the generic brand Turkish Van

sweetblasphemy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Supra, my 4-year old DLH. She kinda looks like a Turkish Van knock-off to me, what do you think? Technically, I guess she would be considered a longhaired high-white calico? I believe the black spot on her right inner arm and half-dollar sized red patch on the small of her back would disqualify her from being considered a Van pattern. Her brother (littermate) is a DSH grey and white tabby, although you can tell in their facial shape and expressions that they are related :)

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Yes she's  one of those cats that would be nicknamed " van-alike."  due to the pattern and being a semi-longhair.    She doesn't look like a Turkish Van in all ways  (for example the head looks different)  but you're not even suggesting that she is one.  

The way you describe it ,   with just the additional 2 very small spots ,  that would still be called  a van pattern .  

but yes a high white calico would be another way to describe it .  

As far as official terms,   in  TICA she would be Tortoiseshell and White .   (or   "with White") 

In CFA there is variation between  the color / pattern names in different breeds.    A Norwegian Forest Cat with this coloring would be called a Van Calico 

A Persian or Maine Coon would be Calico -- they include the van patterned cats as Calico. 

But in the Turkish Van breed standard they don't use the word Calico .  so this pattern would be Tortoiseshell and White 

Pretty cat!