Supplements or food for skin and coat

wolflover326

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have fours cats. My only male, Simba, seems to have a bit of a coat problem since I put them on Simply Nourish Source Rabbit and Chicken formula. My three girls seem to be doing good on it, though. I also feed them Friskies canned food. They get 1/3 C each in the morning, and then a can of friskies each at night. The SN Source appealed to me because it didn't contain much of the filler crap that some other brands have, and it was within my price point, which is low since I'm currently unemployed.

Anyways, his coat is just thin and coarse and not what it used to be before I introduced this dry food. They were on an all canned diet since Simba is prone to bladder crystals. He hasn't had any problems in almost a year, and they've been on this food about 2 months.

Can anyone suggest either a supplement or a different food that will help with his coat? I've looked at Moxxor, but it's out of my budget. I've also tried the GNC coat supplement, but Simba doesn't like the chews. Any help or suggestions are very much appreciated!

snugglecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I too had problems with that food. I fed 6 feral cats the Simply Nourish Source Rabbit and Chicken formula and Friskies canned food. All of them started getting a dull course coat. Three of them had swollen chins and one had a swollen chin with bad chin acne, it was raw and bleeding all the time. They were fine before I started this food. I kept them on it for 2 months and then had to find something different.

Not sure if this is in your budget but mine have been doing well the last 4 months on Purrfect Bistro Grain Free Chicken. They like the Healthy Weight one the best. All 6 of them have shiny coats again and the 2 I can touch have very soft fur. No more swollen chins or acne on chin. I also still feed Friskies canned food.

One 12lb bag lasts me a little over a month feeding 6 cats.