Supplements For Cat Fracture Healing?

Bcat7789

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all
I am going to ask my vet as well but wondered if anyone here had given their cats any supplements when healing from a broken bone? My cat has 4 broken metatarsals and is currently in a cast on cage rest. He has a good diet but I am thinking that some extra supplements may help the bones heal? I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who knows anything about this. Many thanks!

Leannekay

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all
I am going to ask my vet as well but wondered if anyone here had given their cats any supplements when healing from a broken bone? My cat has 4 broken metatarsals and is currently in a cast on cage rest. He has a good diet but I am thinking that some extra supplements may help the bones heal? I'd be grateful to hear from anyone who knows anything about this. Many thanks!
Hi there! I realise this is such a long time since your post but our kitty managed to break two metatarsals and has just had an op to put two pins in. We have never dealt with something like this before as she is an indoor cat and in her seven years has always been super healthy and happy. Did you find supplements for your little one? How did you manage to keep him from moving around too much? Thanks so much for any tips/advice!
Leanne

Kasperr

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,
I know it’s been a long time time but did your cat have surgery? My cat broke 3 metatarsal and I’m between 2 minds between conservative treatment and surgery