Super Bowl XLII

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I thought it was an awesome game. There is something beautiful about tough, hard nosed, defensive football. I love it!!
I agree. I called my friends (whose Super Bowl party I was missing) to find out what the score was, since I was working. This was towards the end of the 2nd quarter. Score was 7-3. I said, "Wow! A really defensive game!" She said, "Yeah, but it's sort of boring." I don't find defense football boring at all.

So on the way home from work, I was walking home fast, trying to get home before the end of the game. I walked through Times Square, and there were hundreds of people watching the game on the big screen there, cheering and getting all involved. About 7 minutes left then. I stayed there for about 5 minutes, and resumed my walk home, gazing in at bars along the way. Every bar had the game on, and they were packed with people.

Finally, I knew it was nearing the end, I was half a block from home, and I stopped in a pizza place across the street from my place and it was the 2 minute warning. So I sat there with a bunch of guys - complete strangers - and we all went crazy.
It was very fun!

What an ending! YAY Giants!!!

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

Better change those 19-0 shirts to "19 and....Oops".

All kidding aside the Pats had a great season. They did something no other team has done and went 16-0 in the regular season. That's quite an accomplishment.
I like 19 and OH NO!

babygirl2000

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Go Panthers!! Oh wait they aren't in the Superbowl lol.. I rooted for the Giants instead because they were the underdogs.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by glitch

haha no kidding!! The 19 & Oh &@#^ would be pretty funny too!
That's seriously funny.

I'm not a fan of football (I find it boring), but DH had the game on and I was listening. I was definitely hoping for the Giants (I usually root for the underdog, and the Patriots have already won a number of super bowls).

So congrats to the Giants and all their fans! Sounds like as Superbowls go it was a very good game.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by taterbug

I don't know about anyone else, but I think it would be amazing if the Giants won! It would have to be historical.....how many times have two brothers, both quarterbacks, won the Superbowl!
Come on Eli....make Peyton proud!!!
They did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God.

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MargeCat;2162044 said:
DH and I were appalled at Belichik. What poor sportsmanship. He should've stayed, even just to shake hands with Giants' coach and make the Pats guys feel better. Some leader.
what a jerk!I will never watch a packers game again!!!!!!!!!!!

sherral46

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ShopCat

Hooray Giants!!!
I'm an old school Steelers fan & couldn't stomach seeing Belichek having as many rings as the great Chuck Noll. No way! I'm so relieved!
ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a big Steelers fan! Born and breed in PA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
sherral46;2162676 said:
Originally Posted by MargeCat

DH and I were appalled at Belichik. What poor sportsmanship. He should've stayed, even just to shake hands with Giants' coach and make the Pats guys feel better. Some leader.
what a jerk!I will never watch a packers game again!!!!!!!!!!!
You'll never watch a Packers game? Hey, don't blame them, they weren't even there!

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow - I am not a big fan of pro ball, but that was a great game!! Talk about a nail-biter!!