Sunlee

catsndogs

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Does anyone remember SunLee? She was one of Hope's cats. I adopted her in 2009 after Hope passed away. It is with a heavy heart that I post this message of her peaceful passing in the night. Her health has been in decline since an episode of pneumonia last year that caused damage to her lungs. With excellent care from her vet, she was able to enjoy 15 additional months with us. Yesterday she was still smiling and purring, though clearly her time was near. My heart is broken but I know she is back home with Hope now. My apologies if I've posted this incorrectly, please advise. Thanks to all who shared stories of Hope and SunLee when I adopted her.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about SunLee. :redheartpump: It is nice to think of her and Hope together now. :rbheart:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry about SunLee but so happy that she went peacefully. I didn't know Hope
but I am sure it is comforting for you that they are together.

Again, I am so very sorry.

Hugs,
Mia

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry about Sunlee, but glad to hear her passing was peaceful. :rbheart: How old was she? Hope was such a huge part of TCS when I first joined. I didn't remember how long it had been since she passed away.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear this. :sniffle: I think of Hope and her kitties from time to time and wonder how they are doing; so I really appreciate hearing this. Thank you for giving Sunlee a loving home all these years after Hope's tragic passing. :rbheart: Like Abbysmom said; it's nice to think of them together again. :redheartpump:

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know, I'll say a prayer for that sweet girl. I hope you can find comfort in knowing she passed peacefully, at home, close to those she loved so much. I know she is with Hope now, their bond is strong, just as the bond is strong that joins your heart to theirs. It hurts so much to have them leave our lives, but to have known those sweet babies is a precious part of your past. They will always be near, their paths will always be connected to yours until they meet again. My heart goes out to you for your pain, I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. RIP sweet Sunlee, you will never be forgotten and will always have a special place in a loving heart. May your joyous reunion with Hope bring you pleasure, may you run and play and feel like a kitten once more. Sleep tight, little Princess!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Sounds was so lucky to have found a loving home with you after Hope passed, ad it's creating to think they've been reunited. I'm sorry about your loss.

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for letting us know. There are still a lot of members here who remember Hope. It was wonderful of you to adopt SunLee and to give her a good home. I know that would have meant the world to Hope to have her cats well cared for after she passed away.
Rest in Peace SunLee. :rbheart:

meelasmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am very sorry for your loss. The truth is that there aren't very many comforting words that will make you feel better. Loss is loss and it hurts..hugs to you. And I hope in time your heart hurts less and less.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Condolences on losing SunLee. Bless you for giving her that extra 15 months - lung problems are daunting, even in humans. Godspeed over Rainbow Bridge, and greet Hope.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Rest you gentle, Sunlee, dream you deep. I know you are in your first mama's arms again, and how sweet your sleep will be!