Sunday's Question of the Day - Nov 2, 2014

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning! I hope everyone who gained an extra hour this morning enjoyed it!

Today's question is about each of our individual pets. For each pet you have (and/or had, if you wish), what is their most endearing trait or behaviour?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
We had our extra hour last week here in the UK :lol3:

Endearing traits :think: ..... there are so many :D

I think with my Maine Coon's it's their chirping, cheeping and trills. They talk all the time ! At me, at each other, even at nothing ! :rub:

I also like how they just flop over when they lie down. They just stand there and then just flop over, not graceful like other cats at all.

Cairo my Sphynx I just love his affectionate and clownish personality. He is more monkey than cat - he spends most of the day perched on my shoulder or climbing things he shouldn't. And boy can that cat climb :lol3:

I love his headbutts and kisses. He is "In my face" 24/7 and very much a "people cat". He expects to be carried around, snuggle up and sleep with me and I have no say in the matter what so ever. :lol3: But you know I wouldn't have it any other way ! That's what I like best about my monkey cat ;)

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The way mine lets out this exasperated meow-sigh and then rolls on his back and gives me the upside down O.O look. Every time he does this I go over and rub his belly. 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Blighty rolls on his side and stretches fully out and let's me rub his tummy up and down.

Whisky is a different kettle ofb fish. Maybe the way he still pampers Blighty who is bigger than him like he did when Blighty was a baby and thought whisky was his mum. He even suckled and whisky let him!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I enjoyed it because I stayed up till after 2.  When the clock turned back it was like I wasn't REALLY up so late!  And then I slept in because my DD and I have been sick so we stayed home from church.  My husband came in and asked if I was planning to get up today.  I said no.  I'm still in my pjs.  

Mooch - Her little meepy-squeaky way of talking to me.  She's the most vocal cat I've ever had.  Not in a loud way my mother's friend's siamese cats were when I was a kid.  She's a good size cat (not just fat) but her voice is kind of small for her body. 

Noodles - honestly it's her grumpiness.  If it's the middle of the night and I'm up she gets super affectionate.  But the rest of the time (with the exception of dinner time) she is a grump.  She'll sometimes bop you just for walking by.  Even your head if you walk by the cat tree and she feels like it.  She'll get you if you don't let her sniff your hand before you pet her too.  I imagine her as snooty royalty. 
 She's giving my 2 year old the stink-eye from the top of the cat tree now because he's in the chair next to it (he can't reach her).

My past-crew would take a while.  Tinsel was fond of getting into my mother's drinks if she left them unattended; especially tea or wine.  
  Glory was skittish.  As a young cat and kitten you could just make a noise and she'd jump up in the air.  Tiger was the most friendly cat ever.  She loved to be loved.  By everyone.  People still talk about her sometimes when I run into them.  Tasha (dog) would tilt her head when  you said "cookie" or just made the "coo" sound.  I love when dogs do that!!  Abby (dog) would sand her ears up straight (big for her head) and turn them listening.  She earned the nickname "radar ears."  They still stand like that occasionally; though we think she is nearly or completely deaf at 13/14.  Pumpkin used to sit next to the cabinet where my Mom keeps their treats and raise his paw till someone would come over and give him one.  Abby was his best buddy as a kitten; he learned from the dogs!  Bunny has the best squeak.  She's not talkative like Mooch; but she squeaks a hello and rubs around your ankles whenever you greet her.  Olivia's wild looks are her charm.  She was the result of an "oops" litter at a breeders place from what I'm told.  Her father was a papered Maine Coon.  She is a polydactyl, long, fluffy and gorgeous.  Her coat is mostly grays but she has some dilluted orange/brown here and there and a "bleach spot" on the top of her head.  She's a very quiet cat (I've heard her mow once in 9 years).  She makes some chirps and things but even they are quiet.  She just sits there and lets you enjoy her looks.  

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The way Autumn  answers me back, she is such a brat.  I find that very endearing, she is such a talker and no, she is not a Siamese.

Last edited:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Good morning! I hope everyone who gained an extra hour this morning enjoyed it!

Today's question is about each of our individual pets. For each pet you have (and/or had, if you wish), what is their most endearing trait or behaviour?

Lilith is very, very vocal and she makes the cutest sounds. I swear she can talk. Sometimes, you'd swear there is a toddler age girl in my house. She says Helloooo? Mommy? and once I could swear she said OH NOOOOOOOO

Sophie is the one that the Humane Society pretty much wrote off as being unfriendly and they told me that none of the employees or volunteers were able to bond with. She turned out to be such a cuddler and sweet baby. I have a TV tray in the living room (OK-now SHE has a TV tray) that she loves to sit on. It sits across the room from the couch and she watches me from there. When I look up at her, she closes her eyes, scrunches up her little face and I swear she's smiling. It's so cute. She's nothing like they said she was. They just didn't give her a chance to show her sweet self. She was only with them 2 weeks before she came home with me and her sister. 

Bailey the border collie is very, very gentle with L&S and despite her breed has never tried to herd them (as if she could 
). She accepted them from the first second without question. She is very tolerant of them when they are (often) bratty. That's a great quality in any dog especially when you consider that she was the only animal in the house for almost 10 years. 

Freedom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cat Crystal has a 'thing' for my Dad.  She flirts shamelessly with him, arching her back, rubbing against his legs, and is quickly in his lap the moment he sits.  Me?  I am quite clearly the slave, in her world.

slykat12

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like how when Whitney lays on something she always lets her tail hang down. She rarely has it curled around her but it is flopping off the side of the cat tree or wherever she is laying. I can't resist that boa of a tail and have to go stroke it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe, these posts are so sweet! Seems like a few of us have a soft spot for vocal cats too!

For me, the lovies:

Kiwi: incredibly social, a huge suck. Happy to be around and on anyone, familiar or not.

Flamey: daintiness, the ginger step up while gently resting her beak on her new perch for leverage and security.

Cupid: the head tilt, followed by a nod and a gentle "mearp". They say dogs do a good head tilt, but I don't know, Cupid's is pretty darn cute.

Angel: no nonsense attitude and stompiness. She was adventurous and owned the world she lived in.

Tweety: kisses! She gives the softest and most persistent birdy kisses.

Sunset: dainty and gentle one second, slamming toys off the ground the next. I don't want to call it aggression, but she really goes after some objects with gusto.

The cats:

Mo: huge suck, easily made happy with a pet or just being present; he's a purr machine.

Kismet: "cat stuck in a box" voice, really soft and small, but when she's locked out of a room or wants me to hang around, she lets me know in full conversation too. I love her grunts when she realizes a door has been closed before she could get in. A close second is her ability to jump and catch things in her mouth/fetch things.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
All of my cats talk in their own ways. I think what they do when they aren't meowing that I like best. Like when Atticus gives me headbutts or when Nel just curls up with me and doesn't make a sound. HP is very vocal and almos always is meowing or making some sort of noise, she's really funny sometimes because she will meow when she is running and her voice bounces with each step :lol3:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli has lots of endearing mannerisms, but the funniest is his sticking his tongue out when you catch him stealing food, chewing on shoes, opening doors, etc., and tell him "no". He really looks embarrassed.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mollipop sleeps so tight against me I can't move. Sometimes I'll get into bed when she's laying at the foot of the bed. She'll look at me and give a little chirp. All I have to do is move my left arm out and she comes right up. She curls up inside my arm, starts to purr, and then gives me a kiss. (I swear she has gotten into the habit of putting her mouth right on my nose and giving my nose a quick smush; that must be her way of giving me a kiss. She does it every night now.) And she'll be there half the night. I really love it when she stretches out to the point where she's half on me and half on the bed. Rick came to bed the other night and we were already sleeping. Molli was facing me with her front paws under my chin and her head on my shoulder. My face was in her face and we were both sacked out. 

And I need to add that Mollipop is our Meowamute (she's our feline Malemute).. She actually walks around carrying her tail so high that it almost touches the back of her neck. I've heard that when a cat carries a high tail, it's a sign of security and contentment. Well, that girl is the most secure cat we've ever had because I've never seen any cat carry her tail that high. Not even Banshee, who ruled the house and everything in it.

chromium blues

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Davie - drools when she purrs.

Squeek - is always waiting to go for his walk every night.

Morgenne - nibbles fingers.

May - loves to be brushed while I brush my own hair.

Felix - thumps you with his tail when he wants attention.

Nia Maura - has one meow, good for every occasion.

Ramona - adores my best friend and tugs on her sleeve until she pats her.

Sylvia Rose - opens the freezer to get the catnip out.

Dinah - lies on her back on the floor with her feet in the air and a goofy expression on her face.

Susan - under the cover of darkness, comes for an ear rub and is otherwise largely invisible...

Thoby - sits in the hallway on his butt with his legs sticking out in front of him, looking like he's waiting for a bus.

Montgomery - ask him if he wants his canned food and he'll say "Yeah! Yeah!"

Dusty Springfield - the early morning elbow nibbler.

April - turns her head sideways and sort of leers at you and its no wonder the shelter called her "Reagan."