Sunday's Question of the Day - Mar. 8, 2015

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some of our cats are very outwardly physically affectionate, while others... not so much. But each cat has their subtleties.

How do your cats show affection?

Mo is very, very outwardly affectionate. He purrs up a storm very loudly, he rubs up against and marks everyone and everything no matter how long it's been in the home. I'm sure if a burglar came in, he might bruise their shins head butting them and would mark them up entirely, asking for pets.

Kismet is a little more scaled back with her affection. She loves to mew and murr at us, but when she's REALLY feeling affectionate and wants attention, she stands and walks near me and just swishes and lets her tail sit or wrap against my leg. Little things like that - despite being so simple and subtle - make me melt!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Mogli practically wraps himself around my ankles and purrs. He also likes to nibble on my fingers and give head bunts.

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Domino climbs on my lap and makes bread. Or reaches up my leg to pick him up.

Little miss comes at bedtime to make bread on my hair.

Slinky doesn't seek affection from me only my hubby.

Genna rubs my legs while meowing.

Bobo comes out of nowhere when im sitting and starts head butting my head.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Casper bunts. Hard lol.  He will tell us it's time for bed, start heading up the stairs because he knows that's his lovey time with us.  Which starts with all the head bunting.  He's also big on rubbing on our legs.  

Cocoa is much more subtle with her solicitations for affection.  She purrs a lot, and will give little nudges.  Mornings, she'll curl up between us for scritches. Until she has enough and demands breakfast lol.

Both are pretty affectionate but in different ways.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're not very affectionate. At least with me. MY CATS seem to be fonder.of me ex which turns my complexion green.

Any advice? They know I give them food.as when I get up I'm shouted into the kitchen for theirvery food
.the same happens.withbothb friend

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Mine are all very affectionate. They rub against my legs, bump heads and try and jump into my lap the minute I sit down.

Chicken has a cold at the moment and she shows her love by getting really close and then sneezing in my face. At least I think she's trying to show love.

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Miagi when he wants something like food or just to be in your lap.

Angel she rubs up against you or touches me with her tail.

Tiger would give head butts and rub against my legs or put his mouth on my feet. I miss him (had to put him down almost 3 weeks ago due to his body failing him :'()  he was way more affectionate than Miagi & Angel. But I think Angel is a bit more affectionate now, Tiger lives on in her they were best friends.

Last edited:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Miagi's_Mommy, I'm very sorry about Tiger.  

All the cats do head-butts. And if Amber thinks we don't pay enough attention to her, she'll sit on the back of the couch and throw a paw out as we walk by. All the cats are lap-kitties and as soon as we hit the couch, they hit our laps. And sometimes, we will have the cats arguing over who actually get to be on a lap. We try to accommodate them all, but sometimes, it's not easy. Rick and I have been on the couch and all six cats have vied for two laps! But when Molli wants my lap, she wins....she makes sure she wins.

Muffin has really made herself at home with us now. This is her house. As soon as I sit on the couch, Muffin comes and lays on my lap...as long as Mollipop isn't around. It has taken Muffin two years to figure out that she can really be on the couch and won't get sprayed with the water bottle (my mom kept a spray bottle handy because Muffin wasn't allowed on any of the furniture). And now she's pretty much taken the couch over; it is hers as is everything else she wants.  Muffin also likes to sleep under my right arm at night. I hear her purring and she head-butts my arm throughout the night. And sometimes I'll feel the tip of her tail twitching against me in the night, too.

Molli has to be on my right shoulder when I'm on the computer at home. I am her "spot" and that's just the way it is. She'll jump into my lap and climb right up to my shoulder. And then she'll turn her head into my face to give me kisses; noserubs are her kisses. When I go to bed, she's right there, She comes up to my left arm, I put my arm out, and she cuddles right in, wrapping her tail around my wrist. And then she turns her face into mine and gives me kisses. As she drops off to sleep, she lays her head on my shoulder and that's how we sleep at night. I cannot believe she is comfortable with her paws in my hair and her face in my neck, but evidently she is. I say, "I love you, Molli" and she chirps back....I like to think that she's telling me that she loves me, too. And then I look over to my right side and say, "I love you, Muffin," but she's too busy sleeping to answer.

Sometimes when I'm sitting at the kitchen table, Molli will hop up on the table and walk over to me. Then she'll bend her head down to touch my head. It's like a head-butt in a way, but much gentler. And she'll wrap her tail about my wrist when she's on the table with me. I don't know; that tail thing might be her way of showing me that I'm hers. It's adorable and I've never had a cat do that to me.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh let's see, where do I begin.....

Ghost likes to jump on you and just sit on your lap or in your arms. Once he's done he gets down and walks away.

Luci, depending on what mood she's in; she will rub and rub and rub and lay down and nuzzle and rub and lay down and nuzzle...you get the idea. When she is in Luci-fur mood she will walk up to you to get scratched then bite and jump down.

Sammy wants to head-but and mark. He will jump on your shoulders, lay down and rub on your head and face.

Felix wants to rub you but don't want you to rub him. If you are sitting he will put his head on your neck and start suckling.

Ava loves to sit by you when you are sitting down and occasionally will rub her head on you, but she don't like to be picked up often.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Casper DEMANDS attention, he'll bite your toes if you don't. He plops on our legs at night and purrs very loudly. He wraps himself around your legs and is vocal.

Burt on the other hand, is a gentle soul, he purrs softly and gently head butts you until you notice he is there. he rolls on his back and LOVES to be stroked and talked to. He is on your lap the minute you sit down.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Cassie has to be in the same room with you. Whether I am taking a shower/bath or eating in the kitchen, she has to be in the same room. She fusses over me if I lay down with head butts and grooming my hair. She also insists on snuggling on my chest with deep purrs when I am on the couch or in bed. I can't use my computer without her silently meowing at me and insisting on getting in my lap, lol.

Monet shows affection by snuggling with me at night and toying with me in play. He'd swat at me and run off. He's not very affectionate, but he does have his moments where he just wants to be petted and loved on

Both will claw at my legs if I am unintentionally ignoring them (on the computer) if they want some attention

Last edited:

tara g

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nero has to be touching and loving on me at all times when we're around each other. He lays on my chest and puts a paw on my shoulder with his face just under my chin.

Neko is more reserved, but if I go in their cat room & lay on the floor with them, he flops around and stretches out to my hands to get rubs, and he adores getting "noogies".