Sunday's question of the day 7/21/13

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hey, ladies in the weight-loss/exercise support threads: bear in mind that wearing shoulder-pads can make you look 10lbs thinner! (Marge says, as she frantically digs through her closet--she knows they are there somewhere.) Just sayin'. Maybe we should revive the 1980's then!!!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hey, ladies in the weight-loss/exercise support threads: bear in mind that wearing shoulder-pads can make you look 10lbs thinner! (Marge says, as she frantically digs through her closet--she knows they are there somewhere.) Just sayin'. Maybe we should revive the 1980's then!!!
'shoulder pads' and 'revive' should never be used in the same post.  Not ever.  Under no circumstances.

I think I've just elected myself as the unofficial TCS fashion-police person..

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1972. Pink Van Heusen 417 ribbed knit shirt with a zipper at the neckline with a big brass ring pull, white bell bottom pants with vertical olive green and burnt sienna stripes, black patent leather and green velour platform shoes with 1 inch soles and 2 inch heels.  I thought I was one of the best dressed guys in the barracks.
This is one reason I love watching shows from the 70s on MeTV. How did you look in your leisure suit?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Like a small lounge lizard. It was green and made of polyester. How did you know I had a leisure suit around then? Good extrapolation.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:
YES!!!! I used to wear them to workout (Jazzercise) back then!!!
         LOL!!!

Does anyone remember wearing legwarmers in the mid 80's? Think Jennifer Beals & "Flashdance"... Just a small town girl on a Saturday night....remember that song?
          Oh yea, defiantly!
Another one for 80's big hair here!
it was amazing what you could do with Aqua Net and a blow dryer.

Ha, Ha, Ha! Sooo true!  "Blow, spray, stay!"  I remember those "stand up" bangs! LOL!!

catdavidlouis

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I really liked the big hair  girls-- but then what do I know?

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
'shoulder pads' and 'revive' should never be used in the same post.  Not ever.  Under no circumstances.

I think I've just elected myself as the unofficial TCS fashion-police person.. :evilgrin:
:lolup: TCS Fashion Police :police Car: :nono:

Even in the 80's - I ripped out shoulder pads in all of my clothes. :flail: I hated them and I thought they made me look like a football player. My sister used to love them and I swear you could use her shoulders as a place to set your coffee cup or drink. :lol2:

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Even in the 80's - I ripped out shoulder pads in all of my clothes.
I hated them and I thought they made me look like a football player. My sister used to love them and I swear you could use her shoulders as a place to set your coffee cup or drink.
Me too!  I'm short and sort of stocky and they just made me look ridiculous.

I did succumb to the 'big hair' thing for a while, though..

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Like a small lounge lizard. It was green and made of polyester. How did you know I had a leisure suit around then? Good extrapolation.
The 70s was my era - high school and college. :lol3:

How about nehru jackets and love beads? ;)

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
How about nehru jackets and love beads?
Oh golly... I've just taken my yoga class... cotton pants, nehru cotton top, and my little tulsi and silver necklace under the collar...

Does this mean I never grew up??  

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So back around 1980 were any of you guys regularly tuning in to "Dallas" to watch those queens of padded shoulders & big hair (Joan Collins, Linda Evans) every week?

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Never watched it, but on the day the episode aired showing who shot JR, I was traveling and the highways were almost empty.