Sunday, the 13th of September, Question of the Day

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Hello and Happy Sunday!

I was pondering this yesterday as I sat on the deck reading but had to have frequent breaks because of the high humidity and dew points. If I could afford it, I would not spend summers in NE Ohio any longer, this entire summer had too many days of 90 degree temps and high humidity wih very high dew points. For summers, I would like to live in San Francisco, Yountville CA, in the Napa Valley, and Tuscany. For winters I would choose either Marathon, Key Largo or Key West.or maybe Mongibello, Italy. Funds are not an issue.

Would you have a second or third home or are you happy where you are?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A second home would be in northern New Mexico like Santa Fe. That would actually be a nice area to live year around. They do have seasons but I don't think it gets as hot and humid in the summer or as cold as it gets in the winter here in Ohio.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I like the ruralness of where I live, I want more!! I want to be even more remote and even further from a large city. At the latest, we are moving once I get my 30 years in a the PD (Jan 2025). Looking at Idaho, Colorado, and Montana. Up in the mountains somewhere.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am retired now, and enjoy anywhere I am. I could not live in a big city though, I love being out in the country right now. It is SO much quieter. Some day we hope to travel, but it is almost impossible right now in our lives with the recent move and three cats with leukemia. We still take our overnight trips though and that helps. Since we are retired I would love a place in the mountains, the Rockies are about the closest. We could stay put if bad weather occurred. That is a bonus!

MoonstoneWolf

Cat Food Bowl Referee
Top Cat
Purraise
A two room log cabin in the middle of the woods. But that would be in the winter time, with a roaring fireplace inside. A typewriter and pot of coffee and working on my novels and stories MINUS Annie Wilkes (ugh why does this make me think of Misery?) All my cats laying on rugs and napping or watching the falling snow as the flakes hit the trees and ground. Of course the scene is not complete without a deer or two outside. No phones, no internet, nothing. Just a break from all technology. But a huge Lotus Belle luxury tent would also be nice. Those can be winterized and even lived in as I know someone who does live in a lotus Belle luxury tent.
Wasn't really aware my post was funny though

Last edited:

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We would love to buy a camp/cottage. Not too far from where we live so we can go to it for weekends, but far enough out in the bush on a lake, with privacy from neighbors.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Moving is what we want. Preferably somewhere in the mountains (I've been eyeballing Roanoke, VA). One day- we are working towards it! We both desperately want at least a month of true winter, with actual snow. Right now, it just gets kind of cold for a few weeks, and then the heat starts right back up.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would want just one home of my own for me & the cats. More than one house would be too hard to take care of. I would live in town near the stores and restaurants. I hate living here in the country. I would like to live down south where it's a warm 80 degrees year round, but I'm not good with change, so I don't know if I ever would actually move away from NY.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love a second home somewhere on the east coast so I could metal detect the ocean shores whenever I wanted. I would probably stay there the winter months and Minnesota the rest of the time.

miss eveliina

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like living out in the country where we are now. I love the amount of property that we have and our privacy. We love being outdoors, whether it’s doing work around the acreage or doing outdoor activities. So, living out this way is ideal for us. There’s always something to do and I love seeing wildlife on a daily basis. I don’t think we’ll be moving anytime soon. :)
We have a summer home that is out of province. The property is on a lake and it is fairly remote. It is full of wildlife and it is absolutely breathtaking there. It is a nice get away and we’ll always have it, but we wouldn’t make it our permanent home.

Last edited:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've always wished Canada could buy an island in the south, so we'd have somewhere to vacation, or own a second home, for the winter, but still be able to use our own currency, health care, etc. But that's unlikely to happen. ;) But since funds aren't an issue, a 2nd home in Bermuda would be nice. 🏖