Sunday 15th of March 2020, Question of the Day

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY SUNDAY!!!

Do you enjoy having breakfast food for dinner sometimes? What do you like? Eggs, omelettes, waffles, pancakes, something else?

When I was a child,
sometimes my mother would do this. My favorite were waffles, hot, lots of butter and Pure Maple Syrup. Sometimes we would have potato pancakes for Saturday night dinner. I've had a lot of them since then but none as good as hers. Sometimes I'll have a sandwich for breakfast.

What about you? Do you like to mix things up sometimes?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have often had tacos at 7 in the morning! Since I get up at 4, this seems like lunch. My husband has called from work and asked what I am having for breakfast, I could almost hear him shaking his head....
We have had breakfast for dinner at times, my favorite is pancakes with eggs and bacon. in fact, we may have that tonight!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My regular breakfast consists of yoghurt with fruit and a banana. I don't take (have) time for a proper breakfast during the week.

My favorite breakfast is baby porridge :

1584271666560.png
1584270855048.png
1584271302454.png

I also like pancakes with fresh banana slices and honey

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We love having breakfast for dinner. I'll make eggs (scrambled for hubby and over easy for me...I have to dip my toast in the yolk), bacon or sausage, hash-browns or hash-brown patties and toast. I will also usually cut up some cucumber or carrot sticks for a veggie side...it's not much but it makes be feel better that I'm having a veg with dinner.
We will sometimes have pancakes for dinner.
For some reason, if we have or someone suggests "breakfast" for supper it relates to the former, if it's pancakes, we say pancakes... :ruminating:

It's also not unheard of that we have traditionally lunch items for dinner either, like soup and grilled cheese, or a club sandwich, chicken salad/chicken salad wrap etc...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I don't eat breakfast, so I often eat breakfast foods for lunch or dinner-- pancakes, french toast, waffles, eggs, omelet, toast, coffee, granola/cereal, fruit. I've been craving some vegetarian sausage or bacon, I'll have to get some when this virus thing is over.

I like sandwiches made out of toasted waffles too!

hash-browns
I consider that a vegetable! Potatoes, right?

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I consider that a vegetable! Potatoes, right?
Yeah, it's potatoes, but for me potatoes are a "starch or carb source" in a meal. I put potatoes in the same category as pasta and rice when part of a whole meal. Besides, that way, I can over indulge in bacon and not feel guilty about it! :lol:

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like breakfast for dinner. I make some pretty fantastic French toast. When I make it, I also make eggs and something my kids call "vanilla sauce." My family is a bunch of weirdos who like overhard eggs. I like basted light eggs. I like two pieces of French toast with the basted egg on top with syrup and the "vanilla." We do not have it very often. I always sprinkle turmeric on my eggs while they are cooking.

My French toast mix is egg, milk, vanilla, and powdered chia mix. (My husband likes chai but lacks the ability to brew his own and make it right.) The mix thickens the egg and milk a little. I use either Texas bead or homemade bread.

"Vanilla" is a mix of sour cream, brown sugar, and vanilla. It is amazing on French toast and scones, especially chocolate chip orange scones. I also make it with gingerbread, but, instead of the vanilla, I add orange extract or orange blossom extract. I eye it out; however, the recipe seems to be roughly 1/2 c sour cream, 1 1/2-2 T brown sugar, scant 1 t vanilla.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
My mom frequently made omelettes on Sunday night and since breakfast is my favorite meal I still eat it for dinner. There is a restaurant in our area that makes a famous deep dish apple cinnamon pancake. People go there for dinner all the time. :yummy:

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I will eat spaghetti for breakfast if I wanted to and I'll sometimes have cereal for dinner. Growing up, I feel like we had "breakfast for dinner" (pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc.) more often than we had those foods for breakfast or brunch.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have breakfast for dinner every once in awhile.Recently we had pancakes and bacon,and although I'm not much of an egg eater,I do enjoy a loaded omelette every now and again,toast,waffles,grits,biscuits and gravy.My absolute favorite is an everything bagel,toasted,with a schmear of cream cheese,capers,a slice of tomato and nova lox..maybe some good sweet onion,and we do have bagels often,but good lox are hard to come by where I live.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I eat whatever I want, whenever I want. I will eat spaghetti for breakfast if I wanted to and I'll sometimes have cereal for dinner. Growing up, I feel like we had "breakfast for dinner" (pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, etc.) more often than we had those foods for breakfast or brunch.
Same. There's no wrong time to eat anything.

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pancakes/waffles or cereal for supper is the best. I actually had a bowl of Oatmeal Crisp for supper tonight. :drool: