Summer vacation plans??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

We went on Princess, and it was roundtrip from LA, which I think they have now cancelled. It was a perfect cruise for us, since hubby doesn't fly, and all other Panama Canal cruises either start in FL and end in CA, or vice versa. Lucky we went when we did.

And I agree with you that Cruisecritic.com is a MUST when planning a cruise. I got so much fantastic info from that site, both for our Panama cruise and also for our Alaska cruise the year before.
I am not a big fan of flying. I find I get really agitated and anxious if i go beyond 3-4 hours. So being on the east coast I go to the Caribbean alot.

The cruise to Panama must have been one of a lifetime! Princess is a nice cruise company. I was very relaxed and serene on their ship when I went. Very relaxed vibe on board.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Well, I would LOVE to cruise the New England coastline up into Canada and back (it's roundtrip from NYC), but can't do it because we're in Arizona and since hubby doesn't fly AT ALL, the only way to get there is to take Amtrak or drive. Amtrak would cost twice as much as the cruise! And driving cross country in the summer just doesn't sound like much fun. Been there, done that as a kid, plus would take too much time away from the furbabies.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

Well, I would LOVE to cruise the New England coastline up into Canada and back (it's roundtrip from NYC), but can't do it because we're in Arizona and since hubby doesn't fly AT ALL, the only way to get there is to take Amtrak or drive. Amtrak would cost twice as much as the cruise! And driving cross country in the summer just doesn't sound like much fun. Been there, done that as a kid, plus would take too much time away from the furbabies.
Its the same for me going to Alaska. I dream of doing that but the travel just to get to the ship is not only costly but it takes to much time in a plane....don't want to deal with it quite frankly. Someday when I cna take off enough time to do a tour up the west coast I will factor in cruising to Alaska as well. Gotta have dreams!

My sister did Canada/New England and loved it. She says its a whole new perspective seeing it from a ship. Give hubby some drugs and go...or he can stay with the furkids and you go!

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We are going to Arcadia June 12th/13th for a cat show.
We will go friday and come back monday.
Then we have the TICA Regional to go to in July.
We also have the TICA Annual in Sept.
Other then that we have no plans.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by fifi1puss

Never heard of the crusie line but I checked out the link and its looks really posh
It used to belong to "COSTA" which are Italian and it was called "THE COSTA SERENA", but a well know british tour operator "THOMSONS" have recently bought it and added it to their fleet and renamed it "THE THOMSON DREAM"