summer and flying spiders eill be coming soon

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ah have a nice time.Actually wanted to ask.For ages i wanted to go o the wetlands centre(barnes) we were thinking of going on wk end?have you been and if so is it worth going to-it looks fun in the advertising

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh OK you mean a crane fly, not a spider at all. Hate them. They always fly over me when I'm asleep and brush my face with their horrible long dangly legs *shudder*

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i must admit iv not heard of it, iv just done a search for it on the net , its seems like an experience, and very educational.
if you do decide to go , let us know what it was like , looks like a great place to take the kids one day.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Epona

Oh OK you mean a crane fly, not a spider at all. Hate them. They always fly over me when I'm asleep and brush my face with their horrible long dangly legs *shudder*
ahhh is that what there called , i always refered to them as a horse fly or dragon fly , just goes to show how wrong one can be.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
will do! But regarding the flying spiders i thought they were also called daddy long legs with their sticky wings

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

ugh thats so creepy!!Im getting the cat on patrol and that noise they make when they bump into things,flapping about,dropping the odd leg here and there

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
xxtashaxx thanks-I looked at your link of those pictures-and nearly threw up-those spindly legs,those evil beedy eyes.Cruel...

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by spudsmom

Oh thank goodness there are not really spiders with WINGS!!!!!!!!!!
yeah,theyre bad enough-if not worse and twice the size.last summer 2 of them were attached to each other-prob getting it on and it looked like some warped mutated spider flying thru the air.I was screaming!!Boyfriend came,then neighbours.Horrible

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
google spiders that fly-interesting and creepy

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol sorry had to post the link for others to see.
i also did the search and came up with this one creepy

The Flying Spider
One remarkable species must be mentioned here—the so-called flying spider (Attus volans), a beautiful metallic blue or green in color with abdomen marked with concentric rings of blue, white and red, It does not actually fly—no spider can do this—but the abdomen bears extensive flaps which, when extended, en-able it to plane through the air thus greatly increasing the range of its leap.

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Sick I saw that too-well just imagine if there was a swarm of them this summer,you open yor front door they are stuck all over it,on the handles,the door flies open and they swarm in-Im having nightmares

epona

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by chromodactyl

ugh thats so creepy!!Im getting the cat on patrol and that noise they make when they bump into things,flapping about,dropping the odd leg here and there
Yeah, why do their legs seem to drop off for no reason and without provocation? That isn't the most sensible evolutionary move

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Yeah, why do their legs seem to drop off for no reason and without provocation? That isn't the most sensible evolutionary move
do u think its like fur for them,and they just grow new legs?-what a vile thought.One more-picture that horrible wey they spread themselves out on a nice cream wall.Or how you think there are none yr going somewhere,u hve checked, and then all of a sudden it just appears,waiting in its lair on the floor or a book or always someting you need.Theyre coming,as we speak they are probably hatching out of their evil cocoons

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sibohan2005

Spiders should NOT FLY.... NOW I'M PARANOID!!!
I got a chill just reading the words flying spiders!!!!!!

chromodactyl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
For the Americans-Non related

Do you get flying ants out there?

horseygal90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aw, Daddy long legs... I cope with them, they're quite sweet in their own way

Has anyone seen Ricky Gervais' 'Animals' tour? He has a bit on DLL - V. funny!