Suggestions needed on indoor habitats

gizmos mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Gizmo is 7 1/2 weeks old, and into everything....lol....Including trying to take my oxygen off my nose at night when I'm sleeping.  The vet suggested that since I am oxygen dependent, that I crate him at night or get him an indoor habitat. Where he could interact with me but still be kept away from my medical equipment.  Any suggestions on sizes and what should be in them?  I am wheelchair bound and Gizmo senses when he needs to get out of the way so that he doesn't get his tail caught....he loves to play!!!

franksmom

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes kittens will not leave their humans alone even during sleep. Would you be able to confine him to a separate room with his litter box and water dish. This might be a good and cheaper option. If that doesn't work you cat get a large dog crate at pet stores that will dis a litter box water and a bed.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We kenneled our girls together as small kittens in a large dog crate.  It had room for a small litter box, their bed, a few toys and food and water bowls.  Just be sure to keep the food and water as far from the litter as you can.  I put the litter box in the back and the food/water in the front.  We've always slept with our bedroom door shut because of DH's allergies.  So they never got used to sleeping with us in bed. 

littlejaye

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When My two kitten where really little I just used a small pet carrier for their bed's. The only time they were ever put in it was at night when I went to bed to protect them. Tinkerbell was only 2 1/2 weeks and she slept in it up until she was 4 months old. After she was spayed I let her be free at night. Sparta was 4 weeks when I rescued her and she slept in the crate until she was 7 weeks. Mainly because she's so much calmer then Tinkerbell was. One thing I kind of think is awesome is because of the sleeping in the crate at night neither of them run and jump all over at night only during the day they sleep when I do in my bed lol....