Suggestions for TCS?

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure where to put this suggestion, as where to put suggestions at isn't really clear at all to me.

I think TCS would benefit from a Cat Related, Product Review section...That way, we can post how different toys, treats, foods, beds, and so on worked for us. I usually like to turn to people who have cats and have used products for advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

plainjane

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, that's not quite what I meant, but thank you for the link!

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the idea. Have a section just for Cat Product Review showing pics of items and what people think or have experienced with them

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lil maggie

I like the idea. Have a section just for Cat Product Review showing pics of items and what people think or have experienced with them

The link provided is nice, but it doesn't have multiple feedback on the object, its just a blog of one person.

Whereas if we had a subforum for products/reviews....we could all chip in our experience with said product

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One of the downsides of doing something of the sort is that all comments will not be sunshine and roses, and given that the stated purpose is to name products and comment on them, some negative comments may come across to the manufacturer in question as libelous. It's a long shot, I know, but we don't allow such comments because of the litigious nature of today's society. There is no guarantee that because a negative statement is true, the party of whom it is said will simply allow it to pass without comment. And there are companies out there who actually search the Internet for just such comments, with the intent to sue them out of existence. And remember, also, that one does not have to be guilty of anything in order for the defence against such a suit to be financially ruinous. Is company X going to come after you? Of course not. You have the anonymity of the Web to protect you. Anne and TCS do not. So you know who's going to get caught in that meat grinder.

Sorry for the doom and gloom. There's nothing stopping you from asking for comment on a product, but know that if there's anything said that's questionable in this regard it will likely get pulled. So perhaps it's best to confine the less than complimentary comments to PMs.

lil maggie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yikes. Thanks for explaining. Although it sounded like a great idea, since I don't run a website, I never thought about the liablities. I fully understand