Suggest a topic, get a gift!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for all of the great suggestions! They're all very much appreciated!
If anyone has any more suggestions, they are always welcome!

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say have a blog on how to take the perfect sunset/sunrise shot. Over the ocean, behind mountains. Also how to take close ups of dew on a rose petal, a frog in mid leap, bird in flight... anything that has to do with nature....

I love shots of water that show a reflection of a mountain, bird...

you get the idea

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Trouts mom

How do you make cats not move when trying to take pics of them?

I kid of course
(but seriously, if you know, tell me)

Good luck with your blog!!
I would love to know that!!!! Everytime I see a cute shot of Rusty and Dusty playing, they move sooo fast, the picture is a blur

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Catkiki

I would love to know that!!!! Everytime I see a cute shot of Rusty and Dusty playing, they move sooo fast, the picture is a blur
You need lots of light for action shots, the brighter the less time needed to capture the image......... A really good camera makes this sooooo much easier!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about balancing your images, what you should look for when taking a picture to create a subject, depth, story. It is always a great reminder that you are transferring a 3 dimensional action to a 2 dimensional picture/art.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to know how to frame a shot out - like a regular shot. Like take everyday photos that someone might take (like say a vase on a table). Take the 'amateur' shot and then describe what was wrong with the composition and then give some tips about how to dress it up. IE, different angle to eliminate conflicting things in the background, lighting, removing objects etc.

Shutterbug is a magazine........you might have trouble coming up with a domain.

I'd like to know all about lenses and have some photos of the same subject taken with different lenses.

catlady2cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Photoshop basics.

Avoiding getting the "red eye" in a portrait of a person or animal.

Cleaning & upkeep of camera equipment.

Printing tips.

micbeth

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I love your idea. I play with landscaping my yard and I try to take pictures of the different stages of my landscaping, flower gardens, hardscapes, etc. I came up with my picture topic idea because my cats are always photo bombing my pictures! How about having a picture topic of cats photo bombing our pictures?

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I love your idea. I play with landscaping my yard and I try to take pictures of the different stages of my landscaping, flower gardens, hardscapes, etc. I came up with my picture topic idea because my cats are always photo bombing my pictures! How about having a picture topic of cats photo bombing our pictures?

Hello and welcome to the site! :wavey:

Just a note that this thread is from 2008. :)