Sugar Glider updates!(lots of pics!!!)

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nope, gliders don't take dust baths. Chins are the only animals I know of that do.
You're right! It wasn't a sugar glider that I was thinking of. It's another animal besides chin's that take dust baths. They look like they are half gerbil half squirell and for the life of me I can't remember what they are called.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't read that series. I prefer the ones with Caramon and Raistlin and the 2nd generation as well.

Originally Posted by Breal76

You're right! It wasn't a sugar glider that I was thinking of. It's another animal besides chin's that take dust baths. They look like they are half gerbil half squirell and for the life of me I can't remember what they are called.
I think maybe you're thinking of a Degu. They look like gerbils with Kangaroo feet, lol.

breal76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think maybe you're thinking of a Degu. They look like gerbils with Kangaroo feet, lol.
Yes that's it! Thank you I was racking my brain trying to remember.

When we got them in at the shelter they were greasy and stinky so I thought they would like a dust bath and sure enough they did!

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by TortieBaby

Every night I feed them fruits, veggies, and a special mix I make them called HPW. The HPW is perfectly balanced to meet all their dietary needs so that all I have to do it feed then fruits/veggies that balance out to a 2:1 cal:phos level.
I use HPW for my gliders too...

Your babies are adorable! I can't wait to hear if your girl is pregnant! How exciting!

My kittens also like to jump on top of the glider cage sometimes, but I also have a cover and the sugar gliders don't mind.
The funny thing is the gliders actually seem to enjoy playing with the kittens... For a while I had the cage lower down and there was a chair in front of it. I have the lower half of the cage covered, and the kittens would stand on the chair and peek in at the gliders over the top of that cover. The gliders would (over and over) jump up to where the kittens could see them, cling there right in front of the kitten's nose for a short time and then jump back behind the covered part again!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, Silvara and Gilthanas are soooo adorable!!!
They're so cute together, and seem so wonderfully animated and active, and their cuddly picture is so super sweet! I just want to snuggle them up in my arms, they're just so precious!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Isn't HPW the best?!
My gliders have PERFECT fur, they're all PERFECT weights, and their poo doesn't stink! Woohoo!

Just 4 more days and I'll know if there are babies!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The breeder I got Silvara(and Faith and Annie) from came over today and she brought her new camera to take some pics of the gliders with. Well, I tried to get Gil to hold still by tempting him with a keychain that said "I love my fuzzbutt". Here's the pic(I didn't alter it at all):

ROFL!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
JUST 24 HOURS AND I'LL KNOW IF SILVARA IS PREGGERS!!!!!!!

lauracatlover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I seriously want one!

If she's pregnant you'll DEFINATELY have to post pics of the little ones when they arrive!

Hope she is!

tortiebaby

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah, I forgot to updated this thread! She gave birth yesterday to at least one baby, maybe 2, I'll have to wait a week or 2 so I can fell her belly and see how many lumps there are.

lilyluvscats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG.........they are the cutest little critters. I never heard of them before. How sweet.