Sudenly getting along.

xulili

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ever sence woden was weened his mom hated him, even years now. When ever he was close to her even if she walked up near him she hissed and swatted at him.

Yesterday, she walked over gave him a lick and sat right next to him and started purring. They spent most of the day snuggled up next to eatch other. She followed him when he went to eat and caome to bed. Today she is still hanging out around him.

Now, woden has been very very ill the last month with two bouts of ketoacidtosis one were still recovering from. And his brother has taken to giving him a wilde area. I just find it odd that we have a sudden and wonderfull but sudden change in her behavior about him.

nekomania

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think that is wonderful though! And I hope that it lasts for you because having two cats that hate each other can be a real pain.

It could be that she's noticed his sickness and her mothering instinct has kicked back on. But it would be moot to guess as to why because cats are just...such odd creatures sometimes.

And thats why we love them.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats know two things for their socializing: scent and body language.

Most likely Woden hasn't been acting his normal self - meaning his body language has changed to that of lesser dominate or even submissive since he can't "fight" to hold a higher position. She's interpreting him as less
threatening.

Siri ignored Blann more when he was too sick to do much of anything. Now that he's feeling better and starting to pick at her (following her around wanting to play) again she's back to grumping and hissing at him, too.